Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
1031 Exchanges
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Audrey X.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Jerry M Feeney - e1031xchange.com, legit?

Audrey X.
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jul 15 2019, 21:00

Has anyone used e1031xchange owned by the law firm of Jerry M. Feeney in NY? The fee is a flat $495 for a one-one exchange. Pricing is great but are they legit?

User Stats

Votes
Mark Lynn
  • Investor
  • Blythewood, SC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Blythewood, SC
Replied Feb 1 2020, 14:07

Did you ever find out?  I talked to them earlier this week and was wondering the same thing. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 20 2020, 13:29

I would also like to know ...

CV3 Financial logo
CV3 Financial
|
Sponsored
Fix & Flip | DSCR | Construction Loans Up to 90% LTV - Up to 80% Cash Out - No Income Verification - No Seasoning Requirements

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 19 2021, 08:46

anyone use them?

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 16 2021, 17:39

I would also like to know if anyone has used them. If not who have you used and what was the cost? What was their level of speed & competence? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 14 2021, 20:03

@Audrey X.

I have not used the 1031 exchange service but I used him to close on a condo purchase several years ago in NYC.

He is not that great overall. Like a lot of attorneys out there, he sweet talks you to bring you in but after that he ghosts you. You deal primarily with his assistants and paralegal staff.

Also, I noticed his office has poor controls over sensitive data. His office sent everything via email without any password controls or anything of that sort.

Another issue I had with him was he did not priortize my needs at urgent times during my transaction with him. This was extremely frustrating since he charges a pretty penny for closings.

Based off my experience I would not recommend him for a 1031 transaction.

User Stats

Votes
Audrey X.
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jun 14 2021, 20:07

I ended up using a company called Atlas 1031. Very fast turn around. I had to remind them a few times of deadlines but they did a good job overall. They didn't run away with my $ so that's a plus. Lol. http://www.atlas1031.com/

User Stats

Votes
Ken Musial
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Jun 21 2021, 11:44

I had a local bank provide a 1031 without fees.  Could be an option in your area.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 18 2023, 08:34

I did some due diligent research on this company as I am also considering to use them due to low price but worried about scam. I could not find e1031xchange as a business entity in the State of New York (https://apps.dos.ny.gov/public...). Called up to them and they asked me to search for their lawyer name.  I found an entity names  "JERRY M. FEENEY PC" which was registered in 2017 but seems not renewed later. I was told they were doing this business since 2010. That makes me feel suspicious and my decision is to go to another one.  Please share your thought and experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Vesey
  • Financial Advisor
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
Replied May 18 2023, 12:59

I would say that your QI should be competitively priced, but the lowest price is not always the best.  If your exchange is not done properly or your funds are not safe you are going to kick yourself for trying to save $500.  IMHO.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 18 2023, 13:45

I too was a little skeptical of sending a large cash payment to an unlicensed entity (1031 facilitators do not need a license). I just completed an exchange of a single family residence in Scottsdale to a single family residence in Durango, Colorado.  The company was FANTASTIC.  They were very organized and good communicators. My funds were wired on a timely basis with no fuss.  I am a happy customer and would use this company again. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 20 2024, 10:45

Hi friends, did anyone end up using e1031xchange? Now they are charging $395 per 1031 exchange! Thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 20 2024, 10:46
Quote from @Na Person:

I too was a little skeptical of sending a large cash payment to an unlicensed entity (1031 facilitators do not need a license). I just completed an exchange of a single family residence in Scottsdale to a single family residence in Durango, Colorado.  The company was FANTASTIC.  They were very organized and good communicators. My funds were wired on a timely basis with no fuss.  I am a happy customer and would use this company again. 

Are you referring to the company e1031xchange? Thanks

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
Find Deals

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 20 2024, 10:47
Quote from @Mathew Chacko:

Hi friends, did anyone end up using e1031xchange ? Now they are charging $395 per 1031 exchange! Thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 20 2024, 10:47
Quote from @Mathew Chacko:
Quote from @Na Person:

Are you referring to the company e1031xchange? Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Eva Marie Brady
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 5 2024, 15:46

I was about to use them for a 1031 exchange, but after reading this I am feeling a little nervous. Should I back out?  The $395 definitely drew me in too! 

User Stats

Votes
Al D.
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Aug 5 2024, 16:32

(Interesting that I just came across this old post for the first time.)

I’ve used Jerry Feeney’s e1031xchange multiple times. I was initially drawn in by the low fee, which has since fluctuated, but may still be the lowest out there. Took my chance the first time in 2017 and never looked back.

My transaction was always one property into multiple. Never a problem. And I’d use them again.

User Stats

Votes
Eva Marie Brady
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 5 2024, 17:37

AI D. 

Thanks so much for your quick response!  That is super helpful!  I will stick with them then!  

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Holden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Aug 9 2024, 07:41

Im an investor and agent in Phoenix who's helped a handful of folks with 1031 transactions. Shoot me a dm and I can send you my 1031 service provider

User Stats

Votes
Maggie Mahoney
Votes |
Replied Aug 10 2024, 15:46

I used them several times. I'm on a 6th exchange with them at the moment! They are on top of the deadlines, they even send reminders. If there was an issue, it was always with escrow company not following their directions.

User Stats

Votes
Eva Marie Brady
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 11 2024, 10:55

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 13 2024, 21:53

I am currently using 1031xchange. They are holding the proceeds from my sale and I am planning to buy a couple of DSTs shortly. They have been very professional and effective so far. No complaints at all.