User Stats

Votes
Denise Holder
Votes |
Are excessive Realtor fees? I'm the "seller"

Denise Holder
Posted Apr 4 2024, 06:59

Hello,

I am selling a cabin in the Allegheny mountains. My realtor is asking me to sign a Pennsylvania "Listing Contract (Seller Agency Contract). Exclusive Right to Sell Real Estate" contract, which is normal.  But the values listed  look excessive to me.  I'm asking if "you all" feel the fees (especially the brokers fee) seems fair/typical and if not, what would a typical, fair amount be?

Listing price: $65,000       Brokers fee: 6% or $4,000 whichever is higher.  $4,000 is $100 higher than 6% of the asking price.

Under "Cooperating with other Brokers" (line 7) 

checked boxes are: "Represents Seller (subagent). Broker will pay 2.5% of/from the sale price. 

And checked box: "Represents the buyer (buyers agent). 2.5% of/from the sale price. A buyers agent, even if compensated by Broker for Seller, will represent the interests of the buyer.

Under : "Sellers Estimated Costs" she's got me paying $1,925 in fees. ($675 preparation of deed) ($650 transfer tax) ($300 settlement fee) ($300 notary fee)

Also in "Sellers Estimated Costs"  "brokers fee" is listed as "$4,000"   rather than 6% or $4,000 as if the 4k is just a flat rate.

I feel this gives her no incentive to sell my property at the highest bidder. In this contract she could sell it for practically nothing and I still pay her $4,000 the same amount. 

Is this  reasonable ?

Thank you,

Denise

Loading replies...