Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Hector Serna
Votes |
Looking for negotiation advice

Hector Serna
Posted Feb 21 2024, 08:34

Hey guys going to try to make this as short as possible. So there was a SFH listed for 225k in which the seller relayed that he was willing to take care of all the town inspection requirements if necessary (They conducted a town inspection in April in which it had passed but had now expired so another one was needed prior to closing). Upon checking out the home, I felt comfortable offering 240k and no credits due to my prior experience of checking out homes in the area. I knew there was no way the home was going to sell at that low of a price in that area and I knew that the new inspection would require a few things. Well the seller, today, just received the town inspection report and no longer wants to take care of the requirements (and it was part of the contract that he would). Everything has been done in the process, this was the last step, I don't want to miss out on this home, and I see a big opportunity to negotiate. My thing is, what exactly, how exactly should I negotiate??? Also, the home appraised at 241k. All advice is appreciated! Thank you.

Loading replies...