Votes
Najeh Davenport
Pro Member
Votes |
Anybody familar with zoning laws i want to.turn the pool house into a 2 -1

Najeh Davenport
Pro Member
Posted Jun 17 2024, 11:17

I recently purchased a property that includes a 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom main house and a pool house that can be converted into a 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom unit. The pool house is equipped with outlets for electrical appliances, a stove, a refrigerator, and has a bathroom with a shower.

The issue I am facing is that the property is zoned for residential use only, and I am interested in renting out both the main house and the pool house as separate units. I contacted the power company, and they directed me to the tax assessor's office to inquire about obtaining a separate address for the pool house. However, I was informed that the property is zoned as residential, and I need advice on how to proceed.

Are there any legal or regulatory ways to overcome this zoning restriction? Could you provide any solutions or guidance on how I can legally rent out both units on the property?

Thank you for your assistance.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jun 17 2024, 11:29

@Najeh Davenport

No one can answer this question as you don’t list city, state, county, zoning. Zoning class etc

Why not pick up a phone and call the county? Any revisions need their approval anyways

User Stats

Votes
Najeh Davenport
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 17 2024, 11:39
Very first thing i did was check with the county, their the one’s who inform me about zone for residential my question the bigger pockets was did anybody knowing any legal ways to get around this

Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Najeh Davenport

No one can answer this question as you don’t list city, state, county, zoning. Zoning class etc

Why not pick up a phone and call the county? Any revisions need their approval anyways

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes