Medium-Term Rentals

User Stats

Votes
Mose Gebremeskel
Votes |
Shared or Invidual Washer and Dryer

Mose Gebremeskel
Posted May 24 2024, 07:37

We're going to start the mid-term rental route for our unit upstairs. We only have 1 washer and 1 dryer in a shared laundry room. Do you guys think it's necessary to buy another washer and dryer when the other tenant comes in or just share ours? We've already spent a bunch on other products and don't know if we can just spend like that on a washer and dryer. 

User Stats

Votes
Colleen F.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Narragansett, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Narragansett, RI
Replied May 24 2024, 09:37

@Mose Gebremeskel  as long as you don't constantly use the washer and dryer and it is in an accessible location I would think sharing would be fine.  If your area has decent demand you will get renters.   Would they like their own of course. Will it impact the rental that depends on the area.

User Stats

Votes
Noah Loveless
  • Realtor
  • Anchorage, AK
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Anchorage, AK
Replied May 24 2024, 11:01
Quote from @Mose Gebremeskel:

We're going to start the mid-term rental route for our unit upstairs. We only have 1 washer and 1 dryer in a shared laundry room. Do you guys think it's necessary to buy another washer and dryer when the other tenant comes in or just share ours? We've already spent a bunch on other products and don't know if we can just spend like that on a washer and dryer. 

Hi Mose,

I would certainly think adding a second washer/dryer would not be a bad idea. Most tenants whom are mid-term or long term, ideally like there own space to do laundry. Out of the eight units I own and manage, I have had countless tenants choose our properties due to in-unit washer/dryer. If you are rehabbing and spending the money, it would be a shame not to go the extra mile and add a washer/dryer now. Having to add it later would prove even more costly. 

Good luck,

Noah

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 26 2024, 07:39
In the Cincinnati market area, used washer and dryer sets go begging on FB Marketplace. Learn where to look for the date of manufacture and make the seller send you a photo. Only buy one that is hooked up and running. Plenty of people do not want to move them wen they relocate. Just search FB Marketplace.