Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Medium-Term Rentals
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ren Lok
Pro Member
  • Oklahoma City
Votes |
Furnish Finder vs ?

Ren Lok
Pro Member
  • Oklahoma City
Posted May 26 2023, 12:39

Hey everyone,

Apart from Furnish Finder, where are you guys posting your Mid-term Rentals?

We have a place almost completed, 5 mins away from a major Hospital.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied May 26 2023, 13:16

I also list on Zillow, Airbnb, VRBO, and Hello Landing. Most of my travel nurse / medical professional bookings have come from Furnished Finder but the other sites usually appeal to other tenant types like digital nomads, relocating families, etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied May 26 2023, 13:17

Hi Ren,

I post my mid-term rentals on Furnished Finder, and Airbnb (30 minimum setting for bookings). In addition, there are Facebook groups for travel nurses where you can post your housing. You have to be invited and approved for the group.

I also asked each of my previous nurses which company placed them in my area, then asked for the recruiter's contact information.  I contacted the recruiter directly and provided them a flyer for my property so they can include it when placing future travel nurses in my area.

If you have multiple units (usually there is a minimum of 4 or 5), then the hospital is usually willing to share your information with their inbound travel staff.

Best wishes,

Melissa

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied May 26 2023, 15:51

After Furnished Finder, Airbnb is definitely the next place you want to list solely because of how much traffic they get. Depending on who you're targeting to rent your MTR, each website has it's benefits. Furnished Finder is great for travel nurses and more budget conscious travelers. Airbnb can get you more high value bookings if you're property attracts those. 

User Stats

Votes
Bonnie Low
Pro Member
#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Investor
  • Cottonwood, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cottonwood, CA
Replied May 27 2023, 14:50

I only list on Furnished Finder currently and stay full. I do occasionally post about it on some of the social media sites for travel nurses, such as Travel Nurse Gypsy Housing for example. I have a 1/1 and a 2/1 and although I'm seeing lots of different types of travelers, the ones who have been booking my place have all been traveling medical professionals. I've considered putting it on Airbnb but haven't needed to yet. 

User Stats

Votes
Quentin Stephenson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 27 2024, 16:06
Quote from @Jamie Banks:

I also list on Zillow, Airbnb, VRBO, and Hello Landing. Most of my travel nurse / medical professional bookings have come from Furnished Finder but the other sites usually appeal to other tenant types like digital nomads, relocating families, etc. 

Hi Jamie,

Have you actually found travel nurses and other traveling professionals through Zillow? I have a MTR that is listed on FF and Airbnb and have not had much luck. 

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied Jun 5 2024, 21:49
Quote from @Quentin Stephenson:
Quote from @Jamie Banks:

Hi Jamie,

Have you actually found travel nurses and other traveling professionals through Zillow? I have a MTR that is listed on FF and Airbnb and have not had much luck. 

Traveling medical professionals isn’t my ideal client type for the properties I have listed on Zillow. I have, however, gotten other tenant types form Zillow - mostly insurance relocation claims

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Deal
Pro Member
  • Lender
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
Replied Jun 6 2024, 07:54

@Quentin Stephenson I've heard some folks have success with local and travel nurse focused Facebook groups as well

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 8 2024, 12:39

I have had great experience getting leads on Furnished Finder for midterm rentals. In fact 99% of my leads and conversions have been from there. There platform is still quite outdated but it gets the job done but it's okay for the price. I use a combination of their messaging tool and direct messages/calling. I've tried booking.com and airbnb but not much traction there.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Daulton
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Abilene, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Abilene, TX
Replied Jul 21 2024, 13:40
Quote from @John Muchiri:

I have had great experience getting leads on Furnished Finder for midterm rentals. In fact 99% of my leads and conversions have been from there. There platform is still quite outdated but it gets the job done but it's okay for the price. I use a combination of their messaging tool and direct messages/calling. I've tried booking.com and airbnb but not much traction there.

does the FF website work for you?  I get error 404.

User Stats

Votes
Nick Zupec
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Saint Joseph, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Saint Joseph, MI
Replied Jul 21 2024, 18:08

We use Furnished Finder, Airbnb, Zillow, and Apartments.com. We get a decent number of bookings coming from all of them. We also have our own website with some SEO setup and we get people that find our website through a Google search and reach out direct too. We like to cast a wide net and get as many leads into the funnel as possible.

User Stats

Votes
Gabe Chase
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
Replied Jul 22 2024, 11:53

We use FF and Zillow and other sites our PMS syndicates to. Just be careful as not everyone on sites other than FF are working professionals. You should screen everyone the same, but still, it's a bit of a comfort knowing FF is mostly all working professionals. Airbnb is a good option. But they take fees from you and charge the tenant more. So your monthly rate would go up by about 14%... A bit of a turn off for most renters. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 22 2024, 14:56
Quote from @Ryan Daulton:
Quote from @John Muchiri:

does the FF website work for you?  I get error 404.

Works on my end. Might have hit it during a maintenance or something 

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
Find Deals

User Stats

Votes
KiKi Wood
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Aug 1 2024, 13:53

We usually do mostly Furnished Finder, but I have seen people do Airbnb, VRBO, and local Facebook groups!