Phoenix investors, is this "path of progress" map helpful?

Phoenix investors, is this "path of progress" map helpful?

Austin WolffPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2024 · 101 posts · 134 votes

Hey investors, I'm the new Market Intelligence Analyst here at BiggerPockets, and I'm developing a way to predict the future "path of progress" for a given market. Since I was born and raised in Phoenix, I figured I'd start there. 

Is the map below helpful or useful? 



Here's an interactive version of the map, where you can zoom in and see more information such as population and population per acre: https://www.datawrapper.de/_/jDwi4/


It tracks the change in population density (population/acre) for each neighborhood (census tract) in the Phoenix MSA from 2010-2020. The darker the blue, the higher the change in population density. Clusters of dark blue areas (such as Queen Creek, Buckeye-Goodyear, area between Surprise and Anthem) may indicate the path of progress happened (or is still happening in these areas), and we might be able to assume the path of progress could continue in these directions.


Do you find this kind of information helpful at all? If so, please let me know. If no one finds it helpful, I won't bother with predicting future "paths of progress."

BiggerPockets
1Reply
51 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Noah CorwickPro Member
    Realtor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 271 posts · 115 votes
    1y

    This is fantastic Austin! I really appreciate you making this and starting with PHX. 

    I'm sure this model will be super helpful in other cities as well. 

    But feel free to keep making more for PHX because I'm not biased or anything haha. 

  • Austin WolffPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2024 · 101 posts · 134 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Noah Corwick:

    This is fantastic Austin! I really appreciate you making this and starting with PHX. 

    I'm sure this model will be super helpful in other cities as well. 

    But feel free to keep making more for PHX because I'm not biased or anything haha. 


     Wonderful, thanks for the feedback!

    BiggerPockets
  • Member since 2024 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    1y

    Hey Austin,

    This type of information is tremendously helpful.  It seems to be tracking status of the areas, which if there's still momentum in those areas could help situate someone for future growth.  I'm wondering if there's a way a show other demographics and statistics that drive the growth to those areas.  For instance, new businesses, salary growth, etc.  The areas you specifically mentioned have seen growth due to those factors (Buckeye - industrial expansion; Surprise - TSMC plant relocated).  As a developer and land consultant, to have that kind of information at the forefront is incredibly valuable.

    Hopefully that helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.