Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Henry
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Votes |
Im looking to use RP Capital and/or Memphis invest. Advice???

Patrick Henry
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Posted Jun 30 2017, 21:52

I have been looking into making my first investment property purchase (SFR). I have narrowed it down to RP Capitol (Ron Phillips) and Memphis invest as turnkey/semi turnkey companies. Both have pros and cons. However, I am still trying to find someone who has worked with RP Capitol to setup their investment property and property manager. Anyone have any thought or advise? Or maybe has utilized both of these companies? Thanks in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Antoine Martel
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jun 30 2017, 22:54

I'm going to DM you. I'm an investor from California as well and have been investing out of state for four years. 

User Stats

Votes
James Wachob
Property Manager
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Jul 3 2017, 07:20

@Patrick Henry The key is to find a great team! Ideally you would find a company that has everything under one roof. Acquisitions team, renovation crews (fully licensed and insured), Property Management, and a Real Estate Investment Brokerage in case you ever decide to sell.

By teaming up with a solid firm you can mitigate your risk and have some "boots on the ground" that have your best interest in mind.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ali Boone
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Replied Jul 3 2017, 17:02

Hi Patrick! I don't have any experience with RP Capitol...never heard of them/him. Where are they located or what do they do? I'm a fan of MemphisInvest, more specifically Chris Clothier as I've met with him and really value him, but I've never dug Memphis as a market so never bought through them. 

I'm in LA and have always bought turnkeys. Happy to share experiences anytime or let you know if I have specific experience with any company. Message anytime.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Henry
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Replied Jul 6 2017, 09:33

@Ali Boone RP Capital is a company that finds deals (turnkey) in various areas of the country. There numbers on properties look good from what I have seen. They also are known for/as the Wealth Accelerator system. The main face behind them is Ron Phillips (never spoken with him though) they are based out of Utah but do business where the numbers work well. Thanks for the advice on Memphis Invest.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Gonzalez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lehi, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lehi, UT
Replied Sep 7 2017, 15:08

@Patrick Henry

Did you ever do a deal with RP Capital? I'm considering purchasing an investment property from them.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Henry
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Replied Sep 8 2017, 09:19

Not yet. I was able to speak with another investor that used them and gave them a good review. I try to speak with at least three people that have used them before I add them to my list of businesses I use (researched and passed my criteria). Right now I am busy with a transaction, but plan on moving forward in reviewing them in the future. 

good luck

User Stats

Votes
Angela Thomas
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Draper, UT
Votes |
  • Draper, UT
Replied Sep 20 2017, 14:36

Hey Patrick,

Happy to connect you with some of our clients if that would help you in your research. Let me know how I can help!

User Stats

Votes
Vic Hartounian
  • Glendale, CA
Votes |
  • Glendale, CA
Replied Feb 27 2019, 20:49

@Patrick Henry

Did you ever invest with rp capitol ? Like to hear your feedback. I’m thinking to invest with them as well.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 7 2019, 10:27

Hi, Patrick Hope you're still out there. 

So, did you go with them and, if so, how'd ya go?

User Stats

Votes
Jared Adamson
  • Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Replied Apr 26 2019, 22:55

I have purchased 3 properties through them during a 1031 exchange. Everything went very well so far. They hooked me up with a fantastic 1031 Exchange company, lender and local property manager.  I would highly recommend them. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 2 2019, 08:41

Hey Brian

I am also looking at RP Capital. Did you move forward with them?

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Henry
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • stockton, CA
Replied May 3 2019, 09:39

@Vic Hartounian 

@Brian Baird

I did a deal on my own, in an area I have invested in previously, and am saving for the next one shortly. I did not use RP yet, but did vet them as a company along with Memphis Invest to possibly use in the future. The area I last Invested in is starting to price out so the numbers are not moving out of the range I would like. So I may use them for my next purchase depending on the circumstances and properties they have at that time. Good Luck!

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Hannah Meksch
  • Fort Collins Cheyenne Abilene, Southern Oregon
Votes |
  • Fort Collins Cheyenne Abilene, Southern Oregon
Replied Sep 4 2019, 09:06

I just got off the phone with them. Their properties run roughly 10-25% Cash on Cash return and 7-11% CAP rate. I don't love that they only have one picture of the property on their website. The rep said it was because they move so fast....not sure how true that is. So maybe because I haven't worked extensively with them, it's hard for me to see one picture of a property, make a decision in a few hours because the market it so "hot", and feel good about having done my due diligence based on the info I have. Am I being skeptical? I just think you can never have too much information on a property and I don't want to have to go and ask for things that I feel should be out in the open. PS When I asked, the rep didn't know what Bigger Pockets was! That's sort of funny, sort of a red flag for me.

User Stats

Votes
K. F.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 23 2020, 02:18

Hannah Meksch

I'm working with RPC invest (Ron Phillips) company...

Ask them to set-up a profile for you so that you can get more details about the properties that you are looking at.

Rehab house has the scope of work listed.

More pics and etc ...

Look to buy my 1st before Dec. and cost segregation for taxes

Hope this informing help out

Cheer cheer 

User Stats

Votes
Ron Phillips
  • Draper, UT
Votes |
  • Draper, UT
Replied Aug 23 2020, 08:35

Looks like I'm late to the party.  @Patrick Henry, I appreciate the questions and the interest in my company and the thread created as a result.  And all who responded especially @K. F. for the kind words.

@Hannah Meksch, you shouldn't ever buy a property without all of the due diligence you need to make a solid buying decision.  I think what my team was trying to say is that our properties move quickly so we sometimes don't get the pictures all loaded up prior to them selling as we have many return clients who already know what they're getting and feel confident moving forward.  We will certainly supply you with more than one picture and you should also always have a professional inspection done (which we will help you line up).  While no company is ever without fault or perfect, we certainly pride ourselves on serving our customers very well before, during and after a purchase.  

We look forward to helping anyone wanting to increase their portfolio.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 6 2024, 06:51
Quote from @Melissa Gonzalez:

@Patrick Henry

Did you ever do a deal with RP Capital? I'm considering purchasing an investment property from them.