Hi all! Im currently attending a three day workshop with multi family mindset and it’s been great so far. Really informative and interesting. They’re pushing this $40k program on us now, and I was ready to buy in until someone raised the question of whether or not it’s legit and now I’m super second guessing this decision. I see people who say they bought into the program…but has anyone who bought in actually made a deal? Anyone who has gone through this mentorship program, please reach out!
Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
My thought is if you have $40,000 invest it in a project....not mentoring. Learn by doing, not by paying.
You can do all the right things after spending $40,000 on mentoring and not end up with any real estate.
If you invest in a project.....very low chances you end up with nothing. What if you pick the wrong project, or the wrong sponsor, or the economy changes, or the business plan doesn't work out. You might still make some money...or you might loose just a little while you learn....but I think chances are unless you totally mess things up or every part of the deal goes wrong, you end up with most of your money back....AND you learn and develop some relationships.
Realtor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 271 posts · 144 votes
2y
I am checking out their 3 day event starting Feb 29th. Anyone that has attended have any feedback? I am not spending $40k on their next step, but this looked like a good investment ($1500 and a money back offer).
I am checking out their 3 day event starting Feb 29th. Anyone that has attended have any feedback? I am not spending $40k on their next step, but this looked like a good investment ($1500 and a money back offer).
Money back offers are only as good as the paper they are written on. Especially from gurus.
Investor · NY CT, NJ · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 2 votes
2y
I just attended this course and all I have to say is wow. For anyone considering signing with them, do some serious research first. I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s a scam, but the amount they’re taking as a cut is unheard of in the industry.
I signed up for the course to expand my local network. It was anything but that. It’s a sales pitch for you to invest with them at extremely lucrative rates for them. I’m at a stage where I’ve built a small portfolio and now I need partners/investors in order to continue my rate of growth.
If there’s anyone that attended one of these MFM seminars and is considering it, let’s connect as I believe we can create a win-win and you can actually be an investor rather than a piggy bank for shops like them.
I just attended this course and all I have to say is wow. For anyone considering signing with them, do some serious research first. I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s a scam, but the amount they’re taking as a cut is unheard of in the industry.
I signed up for the course to expand my local network. It was anything but that. It’s a sales pitch for you to invest with them at extremely lucrative rates for them. I’m at a stage where I’ve built a small portfolio and now I need partners/investors in order to continue my rate of growth.
If there’s anyone that attended one of these MFM seminars and is considering it, let’s connect as I believe we can create a win-win and you can actually be an investor rather than a piggy bank for shops like them.
I just attended this course and all I have to say is wow. For anyone considering signing with them, do some serious research first. I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s a scam, but the amount they’re taking as a cut is unheard of in the industry.
I signed up for the course to expand my local network. It was anything but that. It’s a sales pitch for you to invest with them at extremely lucrative rates for them. I’m at a stage where I’ve built a small portfolio and now I need partners/investors in order to continue my rate of growth.
If there’s anyone that attended one of these MFM seminars and is considering it, let’s connect as I believe we can create a win-win and you can actually be an investor rather than a piggy bank for shops like them.
I enjoyed the 3 day workshop and thought it was worthwhile so I joined the $40k program and I have regretted it!
1. coaching- all of the "coaches" were newbies themselves with about 1 year of experience and about 1 deal under their belts and they always disappear after 2-3 months and get replaced with new "coaches".
2. networking- they have a FB group, populated primarily by other newbies. go there to answer questions, and it's likely you'll get other newbies saying "good question". there are lots of newbies hoping to get into a deal, but who wants to put together a team where every single person is brand new with no experience? There are very few OGs around.
3. education- I joined Jan 2024. I knew I was interested in capital raising. they had zero education about that topic. At all. It's one of the most important elements of making a deal happen. Zero education? Even my coach had no advice.
4. peak partnership- I went to their 2024 meeting. 90% of people i talked to had never done a MF deal. Tyler advertised (for $$$) a workshop on capital raising. I didn't meet anyone new that I ended up doing deals with.
I have since participated in 4 MF deals. 1 person was met through MFM and 3 were connected through other mentorships. I didn't get my money's worth from MFM.
Update: Nov 2024- they have restructured their program to have 3 paths: acquisition, capital raise, or underwriting - and have a 12-class program for you to follow for each path (what happened to asset management??). I am optimistic that things might improve with this change, but I would not pay again just to find out.