Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Chris Witham
Votes |
What lease is best to use for Florida?

Chris Witham
Posted Apr 10 2024, 11:09

Hello and good afternoon from the space coast of Florida. I have a tenant whose lease is expiring and would like to renew. I inherited this tenant from purchase and have used property management in the past however I would like to manage myself. The lease is set to expire shortly and I am curious if anyone here could recommend a blank lease template that I can use for this. Greatly appreciate any guidance and wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Shawn McCormick
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Apr 10 2024, 17:46

@Chris Witham Bigger Pockets has lease templates under the tools tab at the top. It's a whole suite of forms that you can utilize for move in, pets, extentions, applications etc. Great place to start, but would recommend having an attorney look it over to include property specific or owner specific requirements just to CYA.

Best of luck

Shawn McCormick Logo

User Stats

Votes
Alec Boe
  • Property Manager
  • Maitland, FL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Maitland, FL
Replied Jun 18 2024, 12:37

Highly recommend using leases as well as legal documents from Evict.com. The site is ran by one of the top real estate Lawyers in this state: Harry Heist. The docs are free to use so you may tailor them to meet your needs. A lot of great content on how to handle certain situations can be found on his website as well. Check it out here: https://evictforms.com/

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.