Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Marketing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jason Fila
Votes |
Looking to bulk sale SFH w/seller financing -what is best way?

Jason Fila
Posted Jul 31 2024, 06:14

I have 4 properties in WA state, an hour ferry ride from Seattle. 2 are SFH and 2 are townhomes. All are rented to great tenants. But I an looking to divest from real estate. I'm fine to do 5 year seller financing and allow subject if other terms are met. What is best way to market this to another investor?

User Stats

Votes
Greg Bishop
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Issaquah, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Issaquah, WA
Replied Aug 1 2024, 08:28

Understand the tax implications of divesting from the properties as well as taking on seller financing. Make sure that strategy fits into your investing time horizon and goals and makes sense from a return perspective. Understand the risks and process for offering seller financing. Then decide whether you want to proceed in that manner based upon the risk/rewards of divesting in this manner.

Are these properties performing? Will they still perform under terms that may attract a typical investor? You will need to create the story for why these properties are a good investment, especially if you are divesting for distressed reasons. There are many online marketplaces, including BP, where you can post your properties.

Aside from selling by owner off the MLS, which offers the greatest flexibility to make a "deal" with an investor, generally it might be best to work with a seasoned investor friendly seller's agent that can guide you through the process and potentially find an investor. To me, it is probably worth the commission.

I am not a large investor myself and this is what I would do if it were me. I wish I could be better help on specifics, but this is just the start of the process.