Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
John Kunick
  • Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Votes |
Rent Control and Other Government Policies

John Kunick
  • Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Posted Jul 19 2024, 14:27

Our current president is supposedly floating a policy idea of rent control to no more than 5% annually.  History shows us the actual opposite of what he and others claim will happen will actually take place.  Instead, there will be unintended  consequences that will negatively impact the very people they claim to be for.  I was one, during eviction moratorium, that said it was unconstitutional and a violation of property rights and contract law.  I also said it would end up being a big mess and ultimately would hurt the very people they claimed it would benefit. I had many on Bigger Pockets that initially thought I was off base, cruel and heartless..  Well, history shows what happened both in terms of marginal tenants ultimately getting hurt (as did many landlords) and the Supreme Court ruling the Eviction Moratorium as unconstitutional.
I see the whole idea of rent control, which is just another form of government invasion for political hopes, being bad for everyone.  Thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Greg Scott
Pro Member
#3 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • SE Michigan
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • SE Michigan
Replied Jul 19 2024, 21:31

Politicians pander to the ignorant and uninformed, which includes the media.

NAA is leading a big campaign right now to push back hard on Biden's "rent control everywhere" policy by blanketing Sens and Reps with voter feedback.