Tools for Property Data Statistics

Tools for Property Data Statistics

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Is there an efficient process to record property data? I want to analyze data using statistics from multiple sources such as the mls. This is an attempt to make data driven decisions but not a replacement for due diligence, just an extra tool to help systematize and automate finding on-market deals.

Property data such as purchase price, list price, sqft, rent, bed/ baths, etc.

Then apply statistical analysis/ machine learning such as mean, median, rules such as 2% rule, rental growth over time, predictions in appreciation, etc.

Currently I use google sheets to store this data and use tools within sheets to analyze properties. Create graphs to show visualization of the data within a market. (I.e Austin Texas suburbs)

I have a technical background in Software Engineering and AI and want to leverage those to help find great deals and better understand market as it evolves.

Thank you for any help!

0Reply
33 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Miramar, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Alex Lade Are you referimg to data extraction? Matlab modules might have canned algororhitms, but not sure if this is what you need. It is a great idea.

    Javier

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Kansas City has tons of data that you can download from its OpenData KC site: https://data.kcmo.org/. I think many other cities have similar sites as well. From there, I think you can pretty much download them into Excel docs and then organize it that way. Or use a database like Access or even more powerful tools to analyze it that are beyond my pay grade. But I would check to see if Austin has a website like OpenData KC.

  • Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Alex Lade have you find the data source you are looking for? I have a similar idea and was able to find some regional data that includes sold price, address, bed, bath, sqft etc.  Feel free to pm me for the details. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.