DFW Network Meeting! Sept 27th 7:00 pm

DFW Network Meeting! Sept 27th 7:00 pm

Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes

RECAP: August meet up was a great success!! We were able to have @Jerry Puckett as a speaker and he was great! Everyone had a wonderful time and enjoyed being able to ask questions at the end of Jerry's speech. We also surprised every one with our "sign-in" sheet and every body walked away with an updated list in their inbox that next morning of every attendee with their name/email/niche!

We had some request to update a new thread for each months networking meeting. It will be at the same location as August meet up. 3514 W Airport Fwy, Irving, TX SPRING CREEK BBQ. Be sure to add us on FACEBOOK and RSVP on the events page!

We look forward to seeing everyone at this next meet up!! WE WILL HAVE @Jon Klaus speaking!!! BIO COMING SOON!!! Thanks again for everyone's support!! And we look forward to seeing you all again!!!

Thanks again! -Alex, @Kathy Armstrong

1
Topic locked
75 views

Most Popular Reply

Homeowner · Frisco, TX · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 4 votes
13y

I'm planning on being there. I work 7am to 3:30pm in Dallas so I have to figure out what to do between 3:30pm and the meeting start time (without driving all the way back to Frisco) but I will figure it out I suppose. Maybe The Flying Saucer ... I am working on my 2nd plate.

2
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 311 posts · 94 votes
    13y

    Excellent. I will be there.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    Looking forward to it.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    Definitely will be there! Thanks again for getting all this organized Alex and Kathy.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Rehabber · Joshua, TX · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Please provide a link to the Facebook page for the DFW meetup events. Thanks

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2012 · 209 posts · 37 votes
    13y

    @Paul Jones https://www.facebook.com/groups/705727702777577/

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 25 votes
    13y

    I'll definitely be there! In the meantime, are there any seasoned investors in DFW willing to meet for coffee who is willing to share about their investing experience? I am currently seeking my first property and would love to glean any wisdom from a current investor. I can volunteer my time doing work for you, if the need is there, simply to learn and grow. I will do anything to gain the opportunity to learn.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Rehabber · Joshua, TX · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the Facebook link Adam Roberts.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Involved In Real Estate · Irving, TX · Member since 2012 · 49 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    I'll be there!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2012 · 209 posts · 37 votes
    13y

    Will be there, looking forward to it!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 133 posts · 11 votes
    13y

    Jon Klaus Speaker for DFW BiggerPocket's September Meeting!

    Jon has been a real estate investor for 20 years, but only began to take his investing seriously over the past 5 years. From buying his first home with money saved from mowing lawns, he eventually bought and rehabbed dozens of homes, bought an office building, built spec homes, and even flipped a ranch!

    Jon knows what it’s like to start without money or credit, but he also knows what it takes to build substantial wealth from real estate. A career entrepreneur, Jon has learned to find opportunities where others overlook.

    BiggerPockets has been an important resource in Jon’s investing education. “BP has far and away been the number one source for what I’ve learned about real estate investing.” Jon will also tell you that Faith and Family are the big motivators behind his investing.

    Come hear how Jon has used BiggerPockets to become successful in real estate. Learn how he now spends his time doing what he chooses, rather than what others tell him to do. Hear how you can apply the same principles and techniques he has used to achieve financial freedom.

    September 27, 2013 at 7;00PM, Spring Creek BBQ in Irving. 183/Beltline!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Homeowner · Frisco, TX · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    I've got it on the calendar!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    ATTENTION! DALLAS, FORT WORTH, KELLER, ARLINGTON, DENTON, DFW, PLANO, FRISCO, ETC...THE METROPLEX!!!!

    Next week is the meet up! @Kathy Armstrong And I could use all the help in promoting this event! We definitely want to keep this going for longer then 3 months in a row! So the more help we can get the better!!! Thanks everyone!!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    13y
    I will try to be there if I have time. Do the speakers buy dinner for everybody?

    Joe Gore

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 133 posts · 11 votes
    13y

    I just scheduled this meeting in Meetup. Hoping to draw in other local investors that do not know about this website. The more people we can get to the meetings, the better...more networking, bigger buyer's list, more properties promoted, more opportunities! As @Alexander Bustos said, spread the word!

    http://www.meetup.com/DFW-BiggerPockets-Real-Estate-Investing-Meetup/events/141421262/

    @Alexander Bustos

    0
    Topic locked
  • Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Everyone please sign up on MEETUP

    http://www.meetup.com/DFW-BiggerPockets-Real-Estate-Investing-Meetup/events/141421262/

    1
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Jupiter, FL · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    I am coming. Looking forward to meeting some other bigger pocketers.... or even better.....bigger pockteers. I think I just made up a word. So, maybe I should go to bed. But, I will be there Friday.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    13y

    Who will be the guess speaker? What will be the main topic?

    Joe Gore

    1
    Topic locked
  • Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Look forward to seeing you their @Matt C.

    @Joe Gore: the speaker will be @Jon Klaus ! scroll up and you will see details about it or click on the link.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Our Dallas - Fort Worth meet up is tonight. Come to Irving and we'll talk about how to think about real estate investing as a vehicle to build life time wealth. Enjoy some BBQ with your fellow DFW investors in a casual meeting with no selling.

    If you are in Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Richardson, Garland, Mesquite, Lewisville, Denton, Hurst, Bedford, Southlake, Weatherford, Mansfield, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Desoto, or any other Metroplex town, come on out. If you are driving in from Waco, Tyler, Longview, or Sherman, it will be worth it. Last meeting we had one drive in from Texarkana. Coming Scott? I've driven from Dallas to the Austin BP meetup, and it was more than worth it for the contacts I made.

    See you tonight.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Homeowner · Frisco, TX · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    I'm planning on being there. I work 7am to 3:30pm in Dallas so I have to figure out what to do between 3:30pm and the meeting start time (without driving all the way back to Frisco) but I will figure it out I suppose. Maybe The Flying Saucer ... I am working on my 2nd plate.

    2
    Topic locked
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 308 posts · 59 votes
    13y

    I will be there, maybe a little late. Looking forward to it.

    2
    Topic locked
  • Rehabber · Keller, TX · Member since 2013 · 137 posts · 20 votes
    13y

    I can't be there this time due to work but I will be at ALL of them moving forward!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 158 posts · 99 votes
    13y

    Looking forward to it, guys. See you there!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 133 posts · 11 votes
    13y

    Wish you could make it @Dan Shoemaker! See you next time!

    Hey guys and gals! We now have 71 members from all over Texas and Dallas/Fort Worth that have joined our Facebook group! If you have not joined, go here https://www.facebook.com/groups/DFWBiggerPockets/. For you that have joined, RSVP for the event tonight! See you tonight! Looking forwards to hearing @Jon Klaus story and great tips!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Wylie, TX · Member since 2013 · 80 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    We plan to be there!

    1
    Topic locked