BRRRR Method Real Estate Strategy Forum

Need advice on strategy pivoting!
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Indianapolis, Indiana
Need advice on strategy pivoting!

Hey everyone, my name is Shaun. I’m newer to real estate investing and could really use some advice from investors with more experience. I recently purchased a property through a wholesaler in Indianapolis in the 46221 ZIP code. The property was marketed as a row house with D-3 multifamily zoning...

How to quickly analyze a property quickly
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
How to quickly analyze a property quickly

Hello!, How to analyze a property quickly SampleUseCase: House sells for $300,000 fixed up. Repair budget is around $60,000.$300,000 x 0.75 = $225,000 0.75 factor to account for profit, closing costs on both ends, agent fees when I sell, and the months I hold the property while it is being worked...

How do you decide when to flip vs. hold and refinance?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Cleveland, Ohio
How do you decide when to flip vs. hold and refinance?

I've been thinking about this more lately. You get a property bought and renovated, and now you have two pretty different paths: sell it and move the capital into the next deal or hold it as a rental and refinance. Obviously, the numbers matter, but it's not always as simple as just picking which...

North Houston BRRRR- Looking to connect with agents and lenders
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Houston, Texas
North Houston BRRRR- Looking to connect with agents and lenders

Hello, I am in the early stages and need to build my team before I buy. I'm also trying to learn how to analyze the deals myself rather than just relying on someone else to tell me whether a property is a good deal. I am working on understanding ARV, comps, rehab costs, rental comps, DSCR, refina...

Experienced wholesaler vs Inexperienced wholesaler
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Louisville, Kentucky
Experienced wholesaler vs Inexperienced wholesaler

Does it really matter if the wholesaler you're dealing with has experience or not? I went to my first KREIA meeting last week, with the hope of meeting a wholesaler, after having a conversation with a HML who smartened me up and made me realize that most investors get their properties from wholes...

Being a hard money lender
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Being a hard money lender

Hello, my name is Jeanette. I am a current investor I’m looking to become a hard money lender. Is $100,000 a sufficient amount? What details can anybody give me such as what to look out for, what should be in the contract, and if anybody has any leads thank you for your time. I look forward to yo...

BRRRR and Flips
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Nashville, Tennessee
BRRRR and Flips

Investors with experience in the BRRRR method and fix and flips, what are the best spots in Middle Tennessee to invest in right now? I know Murfreesboro is very desirable right now but outside of that, where are you looking to buy?

DSCR or other loan on BRRRR property
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Chattanooga, Tennessee
DSCR or other loan on BRRRR property

I am only a few short weeks away from completing my first BRRR! I am now on the search for a lender to refinance cash out. Some general info Located in Chattanooga TN My LLC owns the house outright (paid cash). Not sure if this is helpful to know. If you know of a great lender that you have had t...

What real estate strategy works best for investing in Calumet City, IL?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Chicago, Illinois
What real estate strategy works best for investing in Calumet City, IL?

I’m interested in purchasing an investment property in Calumet City, Illinois. The property is a 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom single-family home that appears to need only minor renovations. It is currently occupied by a Section 8 tenant, and according to the owner, the property is up to code. The owner ...

The refinance; Hard Money vs Mortgage Lender
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Louisville, Kentucky
The refinance; Hard Money vs Mortgage Lender

You're in the middle of your BRRRR strategy, you've bought a property and got funding from hard money. You've rehabbed, rented the property out and you're cash flowing. Now it's time to refinance. Your hard money lender does DSCR cash out refinancing, but you also know a mortgage lender that you ...

What Makes You Consider a Refinance?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
What Makes You Consider a Refinance?

For investors who have built equity in a property, what usually makes you consider refinancing? Is it primarily: Accessing equity Restructuring existing debt Funding another investment Improving liquidity Financing improvements What usually triggers the conversation for you?

Tips for building a team out-of-state
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Tips for building a team out-of-state

I am from California and am interested in doing some out-of-state real estate investment. I’ve been looking around at properties in Memphis. I would like to do something like a BRRRR strategy. In order to do that I know I’m going to need a good team. I would really appreciate some tips on how to ...

What are all the ways you can force appreciation when rehabbing a property in KC?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Kansas City, Missouri
What are all the ways you can force appreciation when rehabbing a property in KC?

Hey everyone, genuine question here from a new real estate investor. I know every market is different when it comes to renovating a property a certain way to force appreciation and wanted to know what I should be focusing on to do just that here in Kansas City. I have been very curious how invest...

How are you funding the next BRRRR while you still have capital tied up?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
How are you funding the next BRRRR while you still have capital tied up?

One thing I don't see talked about much with BRRRRs is what happens when you want to start the next project before you've gotten most of your money back from the last one. Say you have one property being rehabbed and another waiting on the refinance. Now you've got a pretty good amount of capital...

Mortgage Rates Are Back Above 7% — What Does That Mean for Real Estate Investors?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Mortgage Rates Are Back Above 7% — What Does That Mean for Real Estate Investors?

Mortgage rates have moved back above 7%, oil prices have surged, and long-term interest rates are near levels we haven’t seen in almost 20 years. For real estate investors, this matters because the cost of capital can completely change whether a deal works. Mortgage News Daily’s national benchmar...

Anyone have experience with Trilith Funding - DSCRD Refi
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Anyone have experience with Trilith Funding - DSCRD Refi

I'm doing a DSCR Refinance and have started the process with them. Is anyone familiar with them? Thank you.

Where are the wholesalers hiding out at?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Louisville, Kentucky
Where are the wholesalers hiding out at?

I've just recently learned that there are wholesalers who you can get properties from. What I didn't realize, is how hard they are to find.

Project Management for BRRRRs?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Project Management for BRRRRs?

Hello I'm an out of state investor that would like to get into BRRRRs. The problem is I'm out of state! I was wondering if there is such a thing as a project manager or something similar that oversees everything, to include the sale, GC, walkthroughs, and lastly the handoff to the property manage...

Most real estate investors hit a wall around property #4 or #5.
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Most real estate investors hit a wall around property #4 or #5.

The Portfolio Ceiling Most real estate investors hit a wall around property #4 or #5. It’s rarely a lack of deals or capital, it’s hitting the conventional banking wall. When you try to scale a growing portfolio using standard W-2 guidelines, DTI limits, and personal tax returns, traditional lend...

At What Point Does Equity Become a Strategic Tool?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
At What Point Does Equity Become a Strategic Tool?

As an investment property appreciates, there's a difference between simply having equity and actually deciding what role that equity should play. Do you prefer to leave accumulated equity untouched, or do you periodically evaluate whether it could support another part of your investment strategy?

DC Landlords: Is In-Unit Laundry Worth the Investment?
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Washington, District of Columbia
DC Landlords: Is In-Unit Laundry Worth the Investment?

DC/Kingman Park landlord question: I own a 4-unit building and currently have 3 vacant 2BR/1BA units around $2,400-2,500/month. Leasing has been slower than expected, and management is suggesting another rent cut. A recurring objection from prospects is no in-unit washer/dryer. I’m considering in...

Six Properties on One Rochester Street: How Gregory Street Started It All
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Rochester, New York
Six Properties on One Rochester Street: How Gregory Street Started It All

After reading Rich Dad Poor Dad—the book that seems to lead every young investor into real estate—I decided to take a leap of faith when everyone else said I was crazy. I bought a house on Gregory Street in Rochester's South Wedge. The neighborhood was not like it is today. Blight and crime were ...

Would you buy this BRRRR? $87.5K purchase / ~$30K rehab / $1,300 rent — Aiken, SC
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Aiken, South Carolina
Would you buy this BRRRR? $87.5K purchase / ~$30K rehab / $1,300 rent — Aiken, SC

I’m under contract on a property in Aiken, SC (near the mall/ retail) and would appreciate some perspective from investors who have done BRRRRs or owned rentals in smaller Southern markets. Purchase: $87,500 Appraisal: $110,000 Seller credit: 2% Expected rehab: ~$25K–$30K Expected rent: ~$1,300/m...

Poll
Building a strong foundation and team
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
Westchester County, New York
Building a strong foundation and team

Hi everyone, I'm in the Westchester County, NY area but work regionally. I recently got into private lending and building a development company for rehabs and other projects. I'll looking to build a strong network of likeminded people and organizations to work on real estate ventures across the U...

The BRRRR killer nobody budgets for: the refi appraisal
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
The BRRRR killer nobody budgets for: the refi appraisal

Memphis operator here - buying, rehabbing, and refinancing rentals since 2003, few hundred doors, my own crews. I've watched a lot of BRRRRs die over the years, and here's the uncomfortable pattern: almost none of them die at the purchase or the rehab. They die at the refi appraisal, which is the...