Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Robert D Wade III
  • New to Real Estate
  • Shell Lake, WI
Votes |
I’m about to be homeless. I Don’t know what to do.

Robert D Wade III
  • New to Real Estate
  • Shell Lake, WI
Posted Dec 7 2020, 18:52

Hello, I hate posting this here but I am out of options. And I know in real estate that’s never fully true. I discovered BP in the process of doing research for my RE license course and I have got to say the community here is incredible. I’ve honestly become addicted to the point that the BP podcast has almost replaced my smoking habit I’m on ep.237 at the moment in a little over a month and It’s opened my eyes to another world that I am excited to explore. The reason I am posting here is because I am dealing with the landlords from hell. I hate to talk ill of them but at the same time I am sitting in a house with no heat in northern Wisconsin as well as them come if and going as they pleased. When I confronted them about these issues I wouldn’t let it go and I was told to be out on the 20th and the doors would be locked when I got home from work. And I know that it’s not legal but I also don’t have a lease with them it was a dumb move but I hadn’t discovered BP yet and took them at their word that the issues would be fixed by the time it got cold. In my area all the places I know are rented. I’ve been able to negotiate a price on a mobile home that’s not ideal but there is potential for improvements and a flip but I am to young to get a loan and I just moved to the area so my employment history is short. I’ve called every person in my life that I could think of to co-sign but most of them are running from one creditor or another. Typically I wouldn’t care I lived in my car for the first 7 months of the year and I don’t have a problem doing it again until an apartment came along. Unfortunately little sister is a minor and lives with me she also has no were to go. Our dad lives in a home with no heat/electricity and I just want to be done with this kind of life and pull my self out of the squalor that our parents taught us. Please if you’ve made it this far, what am I missing I know through creativity anything can be possible but right now I don’t know what to do to make it happen. I have everything I need for a loan I have a $2000 deposit on an $8500 purchase price. I bring in a decent income for the area time is just not on my side I’m afraid. Thank you odds are no one is reading this but at least got a chance to vent and get it all laid out in writing.

Loading replies...