Prices for modular homes in California

Prices for modular homes in California

Investor · Concord, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi guys. What modular home company do you use and what price do you pay per sq foot (with and without installation) in California or free delivery to CA? I am trying to install an ADU unit in my backyard ( half acre) and looking for affordable options or any other creative ideas from you. The companies that offer this cervices here are total sharks and charge $250-$350 per sq ft (including permits and labor). I am trying to be creative and see if I can buy a modular home 600-700 sq ft and pay separately for permits and labor. We are located in East Bay (40 miles from San Francisco)

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    $250-$350+ is definitely the pricing I'm seeing in the east bay.

    You can definitely buy a home from a factory and figure out the rest. You could also buy a kit of panels and other exterior stuff for maybe $100 / sqft. But I'm skeptical that you'll be able to drive the cost way down doing any of these methods unfortunately.


    If you do figure out a better way though, let me know! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.