My first KnoxREIA meeting

My first KnoxREIA meeting

Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes

I recently attended my first local real estate investors meetup here in Knoxville, TN with KnowREIA. (My excitement must have been palpable because my wife, who is 7 months pregnant, let me go even though it was on Valentine's day.) I wanted to give my thoughts about the meeting in hopes to help other local investors with their decision on whether or not joining this group would be beneficial. 

@Victor Jernigan is the founder/ facilitator of the group. He is an intelligent, experienced real estate investor and his passion as an educator is evident from the start. As his profile states, his number one goal is to help people to "think" as an investor. My favorite part of the meeting was when he explained how (using the investor part of his brain) he took a recent national news story and broke down his thought process on how to capitalize on the opportunity. He provided and explained all the material that he researched and how to take the next actionable steps.

The next part of the meeting was a Q&A discussion about renovating a flip with 3 local investors/ contractors that do multiple projects a year. All 3 were very knowledgeable and I left with copious amount of notes that I can use going forward with flips or buy and hold projects.  

I left the meeting with 5 contacts from beginner to seasonal investors. If you are a new and inspiring REI, I feel KnoxREIA is a great source to begin a solid foundation. 

BTW I am in no way compensated for this post. I just hoped to answer the same questions for other people that I had not long ago. Hope to see you at the next meeting.

0Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Clinton, TN · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
9y
Good to know. I have been curious myself. Thanks for the post.
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Knoxville, TN · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    thanks I will go and see how it goes ! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Thanks for posting! We have been thinking of going!

  • Investor · Clinton, TN · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Good to know. I have been curious myself. Thanks for the post.
  • Knox, TN · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    When is the next meeting?
  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Andrea, the meetings are on the second Tuesday of the month so the next one will be on 3/14. They will update the website soon and post the topic. @Victor Jernigan loves feedback and ideas for future topics so everyone can gain value from the meetings. Be thinking of what would help propel you fwd toward your investing goals.

  • Knox, TN · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    ok cool. looking forward to the next meeting. a little trivia about my weekend, my showing appointment with a FSBO house was cancelled because a cash buyer swoop the deal the day before. now, i wonder which one you guys beat me to it. hahaha.

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    This is excellent material at a very reasonable price. The group knows their stuff and is filled with a vast array of experience, expertise, personalities, ambition, and what-have-you. If you want to be serious about RE investing, you need to be networking with your local professionals. THIS is the first place to start. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I am a realtor in Knoxville now focusing on investing and investors. I plan on going to the 09/19 meeting of KnoxREIA so your comments are great. I hope it is a helpful as it sounds.

    Also, looking to make some investor contacts to build a network of like minded people so we can help each other out. 

  • Lenoir City, TN · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi Daryl.. My husband and I are new members of the Knox REIA group. We attended a couple of meetings and found everyone to be very helpful, and willing to answer our questions, before we joined.

    Victor Jernagin, who's the President of this group, is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of real estate investing, and overly generous with his time in helping members.

    Every meeting we've attended we've learned several  useful bits of information, along with the networking that's available at the meetings, makes this one of the best investments we've made in our journey to becoming successfully in real estate investing.

    I think as with most things, what we get out of something, is directly tied to how much effort we put forth.

    So, I'm sure if you're motivated, you'll be happy you decided to join us. And I look forward to meeting you at the next meeting.

    Susanne Johnson-Cruey

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.