• Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Emyth vs Emyth Revisited

Michael Wentzel
  • Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Dec 31 2013, 12:32

I kept hearing people mention the book titled "Emyth". So I asked for it for Christmas and received the "Emyth Revisited". I started looking around online and it doesn't seem like the orginal Emyth book is available. Is Emyth Revisited the same content, just slightly updated? Or is it a complete overhaul of the material?

I'm about half way through and it hasn't been as profound as I thought it would be based on the number of people who recommended it. I'm wondering if Emyth Revisted isn't just updated content, but different content altogether.

Mike

User Stats

Votes
Jon Holdman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mercer Island, WA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mercer Island, WA
ModeratorReplied Dec 31 2013, 13:13

The original book is available on amazon, both used and new.

It may be that you are already aware of some of the lessons he teaches. And this doesn't directly deal with real estate investing. It addresses running a small business and what it takes to be successful. I too found that a lot of what it says (in E-Myth revisited) is be things I already knew. The useful piece is how he lays out the steps you will need to do to actually have a successful small business. I think a lot of people go into business either with a specific idea or with a hobby, not realizing that's one of the least important aspects of running a business.

User Stats

Votes
Justin B.
  • Lakewood, OH
Votes |
  • Lakewood, OH
Replied Dec 31 2013, 13:16

Great book, I had the revisited version. Its about working on your business instead of working in your business. The theories advocate a 3 hat approach to business, Entrepreneur, Manager, Worker; each with their own priorities and responsibilities.

NMB logo
NMB
|
Sponsored
Your Nationwide Lending Partner in 47 States! Unbeatable rates & expedited loan programs for busy investors. Save more with a $550 credit today.

User Stats

Votes
Ramsey Rimkeit
  • Property Manager
  • Hayward, CA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Hayward, CA
Replied Dec 21 2019, 06:34

This is an old post, so I don't know if anyone will see it. His question still hasn't been answered: 

Is "The E-Myth Revisited" an updated version of the same book titled "The E-Myth"?

User Stats

Votes
Justin Nero
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Aug 30 2020, 21:41

Yeah I was looking to ask the same question. From Googling it seems like Revisited is an updated version of the emyth.