Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
John Beck
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Acts program and Ron Legrand

John Beck
  • Boston, MA
Posted Sep 27 2013, 18:47

Just wondering if people had any thoughts on Ron Legrand, also they offer several programs one is called ACTS .Control without ownership does anyone have any thoughs on this.

User Stats

Votes
Jefferson Gan
  • Investor
  • Matawan, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Matawan, NJ
Replied Jan 1 2017, 05:44

@Jon Collins Thanks for sharing your experience and Happy New Year.

User Stats

Votes
Joe Schmitt
  • Investor
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied Mar 18 2017, 11:34

I love the idea of buying courses off of eBay. So many people come into this business but never follow through. There is a lot of good content out there gathering dust and available for pennies on the dollar. Just like houses!

Thanks for sharing. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.
Account Closed
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Mar 3 2018, 04:48

RL is your old school strong personality salesman. Anything to increase the bottom line. I signed up for a few weeks a while back but then cancelled....and his people will not quit sending me mail, emails, and calls. At which point I lose all respect. They just upsell at any cost. Just like all the others, they want your money and disguise it in nice language. One of his mailings was a three page "handwritten" (print font) letter trying to make it look authentic and personable. If you like hard sales, manipulative marketing, and finding ways to squeeze money out of people and hound them then go for it.

User Stats

Votes
Sean Kremer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milford, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milford, NE
Replied Jul 24 2018, 13:35

I have no time for Fluff or up-selling at all, so I avoid live seminars and get the info into my hands and figure it out myself.  

I once attended a free Kiosaki seminar on buying in the stock market........then they asked us all to play Roberts stock market board game to aquaint  us on the basics...(and to sell a board game...), I walked out right then and there......

I ain't playing games........I'm here to make money.  

User Stats

Votes
Rudy G.
  • Wholesaler
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Aug 5 2019, 13:05

The ACT program is his old Lease Purchase with a wrinkle.

"Find pretty houses from FSBO only.

There are four ways to structure. Go to you tube and see his three videos on the pretty house program.

I have used this method for many years each with no less that $10k per house. Lease purchase and sublet and assign your contract to the buyer or the seller. The ACT program includes instructions to find and qualify the FSBO. Phone scripts, negotiation scripts.

User Stats

Votes
Jess Kinzel
  • Investor
  • Missoula, MT
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Missoula, MT
Replied Aug 12 2019, 01:30
Originally posted by @Sean Kremer:

I've probably bought every one of his courses and have gone over them all many, many times.........In my opinion Ron knows what he is talking about, I have learned more from him than from any other guru,( and I have them all)....

I don't go to seminars because I don't like the bragging that I have to deal with from every dimestore millionare that wants to tell me how good he/she is at the business, and would I like to see a selfie of them next to their "new" 5 year old Mercedes that they just bought on a 7 year payment plan..:)  So I never worry about an up-sell. (And I'm kind of a loner and like to work alone.....not a fan of crowds. 

I buy the used courses on ebay and I listen to them over and over and over and over and over again when I'm in my truck on the road  until I know whats going to be said next before they say it. I did this with every course I've ever bought and religiously listened to self help tapes for the first ten years of my business, starting with Carleton sheets and moving through every guru that sold stuff concerning real estate. ( I spend ALOT of time behind the wheel in my job. )

Except for Carleton Sheets course...I've bought every course used off of ebay and probably only spent a few thousand dollars total on what has to be every guru and course available. I threw myself into education so deep that I'm fairly confident that there isn't a book, course, tape set, cd set, made from the time ....How to make friends and influence people,(a book on tape, which is mandatory reading if your serious about this business),  all the way to every guru's advertised course  up until the year 2000.....(that must have been the time that I decided that I knew it all and basically stopped listening to stuff.) I have since put everything back on ebay and have sold it all, getting most of my money back. ( Very proud of myself for figuring out a way for a broke *** red neck idiot, to get basically a free Real estate investing education which so far has made me a buck or two,)    :) 

Even today when I feel I need to get current in trends and techniques I go to ebay for some easy listening material, but I've found that most of it is just rehashed fluff from the origional gurus from my early years. I have probably spent over a solid year just immersing myself in any course that I could find about negotiating, and to tell you the truth, those negotiating courses that I listened to probably helped me make money in this business than any thing else. ( Jack Napier i believe his name  is a good negotiation guru) 

I feel that even today listening to Ron Legrand will do anyone looking for knowledge some good.... He's good. Some of his techniques are dated and may not work anymore but  Take what you need from his information and leave the up-sell and fluff alone.:) 

Sorry about the long winded rant. 

I sent you a request to connect. Is there any way I could ask you a few questions? Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Tom Hastert
  • Topeka, KS
Votes |
  • Topeka, KS
Replied Oct 4 2020, 18:40

I bought some Ron Legrand home courses, Wholesaling, Seller Financing, and Lease Options, back when you could get the workbooks, forms, scripts and tapes delivered to you in the mail. I thought the home courses were very good. I was able to get good information on Wholesaling, and was able to get wholesaling to work just from it. It helped to get more training on marketing methods. I had trouble getting seller financing to work with just the home course. I think seller financing is something that I need more training on, or it was with me. What I find interesting is that I think I see a lot of Ron Legrands material in several younger mentors materials, and it makes me wonder if there are a lot more people who have been trained by Ron with his material or a spinnoff of his material.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 8 2023, 20:02

I have noticed the same. I like many others have scoured the web to find the OG's in the creative space. 

Most of what I see sold now for 8 grand is just a mix of all the greats Wendy P. Ron L. Carlton S. Ect. with the marketing spin put on it to make it sell(and more confusing). 

I watched a new hot gurus first interview from around 2019 where they said they learned from "all the greats from the 80's" so I googled "no money down real estate 1980."

Boom a wealth of knowledge.

What I have learned?

Real Estate as a whole isn't going to change a whole lot. Find a strategy you like and focus on being the best at it. Everything else should be tools used to get to your goals. Your main tool today may not be the most used tomorrow .

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 24 2024, 11:54
Quote from @Jarrah Strobach:

hi,

I have done a bunch of his courses. I like the guy! I found a lot of what he had to say relevant and I came away with many new ideas. He has been doing this for over 30 years. I like people that have been through good and bad and are still here. 

Yes he has "up" selling and tries to get you to buy other courses. WHO doesn't!!! Anyone as big as he is will probably try and sell you a course or mentoring at some point. Don't like it? Then ignore it! I do. 

Every time I attend a course or summit or REI group I usually learn something. Most of the time it turns into deal that makes me money. So why not take every opportunity and learn something. Try attending a 1 day event. If you like it go do another. If you don't go try something different.

I think it was well worth the money and time. 

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for your feedback Jarrah. I’m new to wholesaling and am enjoying his course so far. Makes wholesaling super easy to understand.