Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Houston Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Garrett Nondorf
Votes |
Harris County Foreclosure Auction - New Protocols

Garrett Nondorf
Posted Oct 6 2020, 08:00

Hello, I've signed up to be a bidder at the foreclosure auction in Harris County, but have not heard how auctions are proceeding now that COVID has shutdown the monthly Tuesday auction. Anyone know? All I see on the Harris County site (https://www.hctax.net/Property...) is that auctions at Bayou Event Center are cancelled. Thanks y'all!

User Stats

Votes
Ian Middleton
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Crozet, VA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Crozet, VA
Replied Oct 6 2020, 11:10

Hi Garrett, 

Not sure about Harris County, but the Fort bend county auction (which i attended last month), was conducted pretty much as normal except that everyone was required to wear a mask and some form of social distancing was requested. This is obviously a lot smaller than the Harris County deal which was usually pretty busy. Not sure if this helps and maybe others have more pertinent experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Garrett Nondorf
Votes |
Replied Oct 6 2020, 13:23

Thanks, Ian. I hope that Harris County will start to hold the auction that way very soon. Have you noticed any rise (or fall) in foreclosure listings at the Fort Bend county auction?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Rose
  • Buda, TX
Votes |
  • Buda, TX
Replied Oct 9 2020, 14:56

Hey all, long term forum lurker - first time poster. 

My significant other and I already have a few different passive incomes established with various rental styles. 

One of our style(s) of investment has been sweat equity BRRRR 30%+ rehab 1031 exchange flips.

We've traditionally sourced our land through wholesalers and family members. 

We find ourselves now wanting to build confidence in purchasing land at auction. 

I've started to formulate a few data tables and quick access price points for live time view, while at the live auction. 

Our idea is, we want to have as much data on each proposed site listed for bid prior to the auction. 

Then while we are in attendance we can have access to our live journal. 

If anyone with experience in live auctions within the Texas market, has any interest in meeting with us. We would love to share ideas and share knowledge. 

User Stats

Votes
Steve Rose
  • Buda, TX
Votes |
  • Buda, TX
Replied Oct 9 2020, 14:57

My significant other and I already have a few different passive incomes established with various rental styles. 

One of our style(s) of investment has been sweat equity BRRRR 30%+ rehab 1031 exchange flips.

We find ourselves now wanting to build confidence in purchasing land at auction. 

I've started to formulate a few data tables and quick access price points for live time view, while at the live auction. 

Our idea is, we want to have as much data on each proposed site listed for bid prior to the auction. 

If anyone with experience in live auctions within the Texas market, has any interest in meeting with us. We would love to share ideas and share knowledge. 

User Stats

Votes
Ethan G.
  • Attorney
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Katy, TX
Replied Oct 9 2020, 15:00
I've gone to the Harris County foreclosure auction for about 4 years from 2016 to 2019 (only missed a few months) and bought quite a few properties to flip.  Had 6 people on my team at various trustees and group text, spreadsheet on Ipad and all that stuff. 

Originally posted by @Steve Rose:

User Stats

Votes
Kristyn Grimes
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
  • Katy, TX
Replied Oct 20 2020, 20:13

@Garrett Nondorf go to Google and search foreclosure queen Houston Texas. She is fantastic and is currently holding online and in-person free teachings of how to jump into the Harris county foreclosures. I'd send you a link on here but I'm not sure how to do it. She will send you a link through Meetup.com I believe. That's where I get mine she's super informative and gives you all sorts of slideshow presentation with places to write your notes and actually holds the class at the bayou City center in the corner of the room so you can watch what's going on and she explains everything. Good luck!