Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Knoxville Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Christopher B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
Where are you at Knoxville,Tennessee Investors?

Christopher B.
  • Knoxville, TN
Posted

Hello my fellow Knoxvillians, I wanted to reach out to all the local folks that frequent Biggerpockets. I look forward to connecting with you all and hope to see the Knoxville thread frequented regularly. Hopefully it can be a good resource for us all. 

User Stats

Votes
Victor Jernigan
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

@SarahSeaton @PaytonAbernathy @RyanIlardi 

First - there is a #crowdfunding fix & flip off of Garden Dr. There is no cost and if you want to learn more about construction go by while you can still see the footers. It is a $90,000 remodel. Just send an email to [email protected] and she will send the address. Also get her to post your property want at KnoxREIA.com

Second - Home Depot is rolling out an all new paint and appliance program at the Sept 8 KnoxREIA monthly meeting at the Holiday Inn Cedar Bluff. They are promising significant price reductions to benefit short term nvestor's and those using a buy & hold strategy.

This will be a lot of fun. 

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

Thanks @Victor Jernigan

I look forward to learning more at the next KnoxREIA meeting. 

Ps, when trying to make a direct link with the "@" , after you type the @ and the first 3 letters , the name should be populated as a link below the text box , click on that link to make it work. You can't just type @ and the name only. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Victor Jernigan
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

@Wayne King@Daniel Cruz@Rick Faganas new to the area and/or beginners you will certainly enjoy The KnoxREIA monthly meeting Tuesday, Sept 8th at the Holiday Inn Cedar Bluff. Networking with food from 5:30-6:30, There is a $20 charge for the 1st meeting, The meetings starts at 6:30 with market information and updates. There will be a special presentation by The Home Depot about their new PRO Accounts, Appliance Package and Behr Paint Program designed specifically for #REIA members and those attending our events. For you the main thing is that it is informal, friendly and everyone shares stories - especially the bad ones.

@Payton Abernathy and @Ryan Ilardi you may find great information  in the presentation on What Are You Really Worth: Structuring LLCs, Partnerships, and JVs - I assure you it will be different than you think but it will help you build your financial base.

If anyone has any questions, I volunteer @Ryan Ebanksto give answers about our KnoxREIA along with @sarahgamble and her husband @richardgamble.  @Sarah Seaton and I will discuss opportunities in north Knoxville.

Regards,

Victor Jernigan

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Ebanks
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

In addition to facilitating networking and business relationships, the KnoxREIA provides a unique family experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Christopher B.
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied
Originally posted by @Wayne King:

Hello everyone. I am new to the Forum as well as to real estate investing. I am from north of Knoxville. I am currently pursuing a career in REI and could use any help I can get. I've been researching and trying to soak up as much info as I can for the last 3 or 4 months and now my wife and I are convinced to take the next step and look at more educational opportunities. I am going to attend the next KnoxREI meeting. We are interested in flipping but would pursue any opportunities that come our way. So any one who wants to meet informally to talk I would be glad to do that.

@RickFagan I would love to talk with you about MH's sometime

To start pick a niche, focus on becoming proficient at it and then work your way into other areas of investing. There are many, manys ways to skin a cat but it's better to be great at one thing then average at many. Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
Alisha Mingus
  • wholesaler/aspiring investor and flipper
  • Sweetwater, TN
Votes |
  • wholesaler/aspiring investor and flipper
  • Sweetwater, TN
Replied

I dont even know where to jump in on this forum so I guess I will just say hello. @Payton Abernathy and @Christopher B.  I'm not sure why I was never notified about this topic. I'll have to make sure my alerts are set properly. Knox reia knox reia knox reia. Ive been wanting to attend the last few months but always have a schedule conflict and dont know that i'll ever be able to make one. If you guys wanted to do a private miniature version of the knox reia at a local dive bar or burger place on a saturday please sign me up!

User Stats

Votes
Wayne King
  • New Tazewell, TN
Votes |
  • New Tazewell, TN
Replied

Had a great visit with @Rick Fagan this am over coffee. Learned a lot. Thanks for the meet up. Anyone else that would like to share any knowledge or just talk, let me know!

User Stats

Votes
Celeste Holbrook
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Eielson AFB, AK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Eielson AFB, AK
Replied

@Payton Abernathy - I would love to hear how your experience has been so far.  Have you had success with your first flip in 2015?

We are considering a move to Knoxville next year and are READY to start our flipping business from an investor stand point.  

Would love to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Payton Abernathy
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied

@Celeste Holbrook

Welcome to BP. I have a few friends that are flipping now. I am learning hands on with them. I'm keeping an eye out for my own 1st flip. The KnoxREIA meeting are full of investors that are willing to share their incite and help others , it's a great place to start. 

User Stats

Votes
Celeste Holbrook
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Eielson AFB, AK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Eielson AFB, AK
Replied

@Rick Kallstrom, see above post about the Knoxville meetings.

User Stats

Votes
Celeste Holbrook
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Eielson AFB, AK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Eielson AFB, AK
Replied

Thank you @Payton Abernathy

User Stats

Votes
Cheryl Guyberson
  • Investor
  • Pigeon Forge, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Pigeon Forge, TN
Replied

Knoxville, Maryville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Cosby, Newport, youall are welcome to join us! 

Casual Meet and Greet for anyone interested in any aspect of Real Estate  

Wednsday December 2, 6:30 PM

Pelancho's

117 W Macon Ln, Seymour, TN

Please let us know if you are able to attend so I can let the restaurant know the count!

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Smith
  • Wholesaler
  • Lenoir City, TN
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lenoir City, TN
Replied

@Cheryl Guyberson Do you have any idea how many will be coming? I will bet there.

User Stats

Votes
Cheryl Guyberson
  • Investor
  • Pigeon Forge, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Pigeon Forge, TN
Replied

@Christopher Smith, I emailed to individuals whose email address I had collected from locals here on BP, just 5 have responded, but I will resend reminders tonight because it has been a busy few days for everyone with the holiday and all. 

I will also post it on Events here tonight!