Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Long
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Forest Grove, OR
Votes |
Anyone use Harmonics flooring from Costco?

Dylan Long
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Forest Grove, OR
Posted Oct 18 2015, 12:29

Thinking about using some of their laminate w/pad. It comes to about 1.89 per sq/ft. Anyone have experience using it, and if so, what are your thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
John Aranton
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Hau’ula, HI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Hau’ula, HI
Replied Oct 18 2015, 13:11

I've used it In my previous house and it lasted the 7-8 years with no noticeable wear, then we moved.  (6 person family with a dog and cat) Very affordable, easy to install and durable. I did the install myself in 2 weekends, About  900 square feet. 

User Stats

Votes
Waverly Rennie
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Dunedin, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Dunedin, FL
Replied Jan 29 2016, 20:06

I know I am late to this party, but a couple of points:

They put this on sale a few times a year for $10 off a carton, which brings the price down by about a third ($1.30 square ft before tax for the one I am looking at). Worth waiting for if possible. 

I bought some a few months ago for a rental on sale and installed in two bedrooms over concrete slab with plastic sheeting underlayment as recommended. Very fast install, despite only having a $5 hand saw to cut the planks at first- went out and got an electric saw to get the job done. One thing to think about is the reducers to go from the hallway/doorway into the room. Your room edges get covered by quarter round but you can't use that at the doorway necessarily. You can order the matching stuff on line but you just have to factor that into your timeline. We didn't, so we ran out to Home Depot and bought a bullnose kinda piece of sort of matching wood and that was good enough.

A few months after install, I do note that there are faint scratches from moving furniture but all in all I am happy with it. Am now looking at Trafficmaster Allure Ultra as another option for an upcoming rehab. 

happy flooring!

BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.