Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Siva
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Needs help with rehab estimation

Nathan Siva
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Jul 19 2024, 12:17

Do Bp still offer Rehab cost estimator?I see that I have to put the value in myself. I thought that was an useful tool for me analyzing the properties. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 21 2024, 18:05
Quote from @Nathan Siva:

Do Bp still offer Rehab cost estimator?I see that I have to put the value in myself. I thought that was an useful tool for me analyzing the properties. 

So whatcha got ? What kinda help with pricing do you need ... GC here to help 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Siva
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied Jul 22 2024, 09:56

Hey Daniel,

Thank you so much for replying. No it was easy when they had the rehab estimator to run the numbers and put my offers without disturbing the GC's. But I just don't see it at the spot where it use to be. That's why I was asking.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 22 2024, 14:58
Quote from @Nathan Siva:

Hey Daniel,

Thank you so much for replying. No it was easy when they had the rehab estimator to run the numbers and put my offers without disturbing the GC's. But I just don't see it at the spot where it use to be. That's why I was asking.

That estimator was not a good source to pull from in my opinion.  It seemed to always favor the investor way to much just my opinion . 

Price materials and labor cost will depend on how large of scope of work but a good company is going to be around 3500 a week plus cost of over head we also pay 30% tax on our income also like you guys but if you anticipate 4 week rehab well be ready for minimum of 14k in labor +14knis low end in my opinion... now I'm currently eating my lunch on a rehab from hell but it's gonna be a work of art from where it came from... this was the worst of the worst in my career water damage to all structural raised the roof on a horrible addition and did it correctly.  Moral of the story investor used the calculator and beat me down and well I will not discuss how much money I'm loosing on this project.  But it's enough to some out of business . Calculator only favors 1 person in my experience... only way to be fair is price check the materials and look at labor numbers basically kinda gotta train yourself to be a gc calculate it on your own and shop gcs till one fits your # 

User Stats

Votes
Alan F.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Replied Jul 24 2024, 12:08
Quote from @Nathan Siva:

Hey Daniel,

Estimating construction and remodeling has been around a long time, people who do this are called estimators.

There's books, software and even courses on estimating. It's best if you can estimate your own jobs. Calculators, apps etc are neat but I wouldn't trust them completely.