Seeking Advice on Rebuilding from Zero After a Life-Altering Event

Seeking Advice on Rebuilding from Zero After a Life-Altering Event

Wholesaler · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hello Bigger Pockets Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out today because I find myself at a crossroads in life and could use some guidance and support from this amazing community.

A little background on my journey: I've been through some ups and downs, starting as a mailman and later transitioning into a CDL driver. Along the way, I've been diligently saving and building my credit with the dream of owning my first property. Last year, however, life threw me a curveball in the form of a serious car accident that left me with multiple fractures and depleted my savings and credit cards. As a single dad with bills to pay and a son to take care of, this setback hit me hard.

Despite the challenges, I'm not giving up. I'm currently in the process of getting my license reinstated after it expired last October. This weekend, I'm dedicating 15 hours to complete the necessary requirements. While I'm still recovering from my injuries and learning to walk again, I refuse to let these obstacles hold me back.

One area where I see potential is in real estate. I have some experience in wholesale transactions, but given my licensing and current circumstances, I'm leaning towards listing distressed owners' homes instead. It's a path that aligns with my skills and circumstances, but I could use some advice on how to get started effectively.

If you were in my position, where would you begin? How can I navigate this journey of rebuilding from zero while still focusing on my recovery and responsibilities as a parent? Any insights, tips, or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and support.

0Reply
31 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Take it one day at a time, and keep your eyes on the prize.

    If you are seeking to go back to work, perhaps you're originally employer would take you back as a dispatcher or some other in the building type job until you are recovered enough to get back into your cdl truck job.

    Move in with a relative to get some assistance with your child to and yourself. Bring something to this deal such as a big screen TV for the living room, or offer to do the daily vacuuming or something you're capable of.

    Don't fall into the hole of drinking a lot of alcohol.

    Picture yourself how you will be in 365 days. How recovered will you be. Completely recovered, recovered enough to do more things?

    Attend some local real estate meet ups and make some good friends, you may not be able to participate in deals but you'll have your toes in the water.

    Realize every day won't be perfect but it's the end goal that matters. Don't lose sight of the end goal and don't give up.

    Good luck!

  • Wholesaler · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Appreciate the advice . 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.