Assignment? Wrap Around? Not sure how to structure this???

Assignment? Wrap Around? Not sure how to structure this???

Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 13 votes

Hello,

I have this opportunity that has come across my desk and I am trying to figure out a way to creatively finance it.  Basically, a colleague of mine has bought a property, all papers have been signed, and she is closing in about a month.  However, she is now having buyer's remorse and wants out of the deal (she realizes it is not right for her kids now).

So, is there a way I can come in and secure the property as an investor with the same terms she has as an owner occupied purchaser.  I have run the numbers, and it looks like a great deal (but will only work for me if I can get in with 5% down payment).

She was able to get financing with 5% down and I want the same terms (i.e. 5% down and a good 5 year fixed rate).  Is there a way to structure a deal so I take over her financing terms?  Does she ned to close on the property first and then we work out a private deal between her and I (would this be a wrap-around mortgage)?  Or is there a way I can just have her assign the entire deal to me (but not require me to go to a lender and get a 20% down financing agreement)? 

Thoughts?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2011 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Either have her assign the contract beforehand if it's in the contract that she can do that. Have her but the property and you simultaneously close on it with a wrap around or land contract. Or if none of these work with her permission go to the seller directly to see if they'll transfer the contract.
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    No, no chance unless she actually closed on it, then sold it to you sub2.....which would be Mtg fraud on her part, and a Very foolish thing for her to do, for a number of reasons.  You simply can't do it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.