• Buffalo, NY
Votes |
Finding off market properties

Mike Pepperday
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Buffalo, NY
Posted Jul 2 2024, 09:06

Hello BP fam!
Does anyone know how I would be able to find an address of someone who recently passed away other than driving to city hall and going to public records? I see that there’s a bunch of websites out that do that but you have to pay for the search and are they a legitimate site? Has anyone used any of these sites and had success?

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Jul 2 2024, 09:31

You might be able to find it on your local county site by searching their name under grantees for real estate transactions. Depends on the county. As for websites out there, the best is probably Realist. It comes free with my MLS subscription as an agent, not sure what it costs outside of that. But it's definitely legitimate and good for such searches.

User Stats

Votes
Mathew Rebera
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo/Rochester NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo/Rochester NY
Replied Jul 5 2024, 11:05

I agree with Andrew. The resources are out there, but if you want to do some more digging, you could skip trace addresses to get the owners or whoever is attached to the property's phone numbers. Ringing a few numbers never hurts!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes