Tashanique Jones
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
2nd Property after Primary Home

Tashanique Jones
  • Austin, TX
Posted May 28 2024, 14:33

Hello All!

I currently live in Austin, TX in a home that I’ll be renting out in the next month or two when I relocate to Nashville for work. I am wanting to expand my portfolio and buy a multifamily rental here in Austin, Nashville or any other market that makes sense to grow with. Any tips, help or suggestions would be amazing. 

As a side note: my family owns my childhood home that sits on a lot that is zoned for multiple homes. I planned to develop another home in the back half but a contractor inquired about renting the lot for their construction trailer so I’m pausing my development. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hurst
Lender
#3 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Lender
#3 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Dallas, TX
Replied May 29 2024, 15:02
Quote from @Tashanique Jones:

Hello All!

I currently live in Austin, TX in a home that I’ll be renting out in the next month or two when I relocate to Nashville for work. I am wanting to expand my portfolio and buy a multifamily rental here in Austin, Nashville or any other market that makes sense to grow with. Any tips, help or suggestions would be amazing. 

As a side note: my family owns my childhood home that sits on a lot that is zoned for multiple homes. I planned to develop another home in the back half but a contractor inquired about renting the lot for their construction trailer so I’m pausing my development. 

Speak with a lender, see what is possible. Understand you will need to put 20-25% down on a multi-family. 

User Stats

Votes
Tashanique Jones
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 29 2024, 16:06
Quote from @Jay Hurst:
Quote from @Tashanique Jones:

Hello All!

Speak with a lender, see what is possible. Understand you will need to put 20-25% down on a multi-family. 

Thank you Jay, i actually got preapproval today!

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!