Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
RCFE or ARF in the San Diego area!

Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Sep 3 2023, 13:11

I'm looking to connect with anyone who is doing or has done RCFE (Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly) or ARF (Adult Residential Care Facilities) in San Diego county. 

I'm considering doing this with our primary residence in La Mesa when we move out of the home, but I want to connect with experts in the area who are already doing this. Any advice is appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Steve Meyers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Sep 4 2023, 20:22

I think this is a great idea Doug.  I personally don't know much about it but I'm seeing a lot more of this happening in SD and have met with some owners who have been successfully doing this in Serra Mesa and other areas of SD.  My advice would be to maybe reach out to a company here locally that already has the relationships and the licenses in place and learn from them.  Maybe they would be open to a partnership of some kind.  What I do know is this niche will become more and more in demand as time goes on and we end up needing more care facilities.  The baby boomer generation I think right now is the second largest behind millennials so there will be a lot of demand I think in the coming years.

User Stats

Votes
Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Sep 6 2023, 10:31

Thanks for the reply @Steve Meyers! Do you know of any companies doing this? I searched online and mostly found larger facilities, not smaller residential operations. 

I agree though - the solution is definitely a 'who not how' kinda thing!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tanya Malkon
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Sep 30 2023, 20:43
Quote from @Doug Spence:

Thanks for the reply @Steve Meyers! Do you know of any companies doing this? I searched online and mostly found larger facilities, not smaller residential operations. 

I agree though - the solution is definitely a 'who not how' kinda thing!

Hey Doug, 
Did you find any companies in the SD area that manage RCFE? We are in Encinitas and have to go to SJ to care for my mother n law and thinking of doing RCFE or STR in our primary. Just poking around as it’s an interesting idea.

User Stats

Votes
Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Oct 1 2023, 19:09

@Tanya Malkon A buddy of mine connected me with a dude who operates one in Spring Valley close to where we live (La Mesa). I plan to meet with him this month to learn more. 

I'd be happy to share what I find out with you. I'm surprised there's such little info out there about it. Seems like an untapped opportunity for sure. 

User Stats

Votes
Tanya Malkon
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Oct 1 2023, 19:33
Quote from @Doug Spence:

@Tanya Malkon A buddy of mine connected me with a dude who operates one in Spring Valley close to where we live (La Mesa). I plan to meet with him this month to learn more. 

I'd be happy to share what I find out with you. I'm surprised there's such little info out there about it. Seems like an untapped opportunity for sure. 

Most definitely! 
thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Bac Nguyen
  • Notes Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Notes Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jun 18 2024, 08:30
Quote from @Doug Spence:

User Stats

Votes
Bac Nguyen
  • Notes Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Notes Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jun 18 2024, 08:32

Hi Dough,
I just read your post. 
I just have my administrator licensed for RCFE. And I am looking to open my first RCFE.
So, I would like to connect with you.
Cheers,