Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Off Topic
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Timothy W.#3 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
Am I on drugs?

Timothy W.#3 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Posted

Am I high?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsFsn8ekyhw&feature=player_embedded

Did a United States Congressman really just express concerns that an island will tip over and capsize? Really? Seriously?

Eddie, did you put something "special" in my cigars?

User Stats

Votes
Rich Schroeder
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Elkhorn, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Elkhorn, WI
Replied

anywho...here are some of Mr Johnson's credentials...

Rep. Johnson practiced civil and criminal law in DeKalb County for twenty-seven (27) years. A staunch supporter of public education, he is a graduate of the District of Columbia Public Schools, Clark College in Atlanta and the Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University

You would think that someone who is SO educated would be intelligent and able to realize the stupidity in what he was saying. Perhaps big time lawyers and their fancy schools just can't take the stupid out of people. I wonder how much money he spent on education to become intelligent?

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied
Originally posted by rich23s:

You would think that someone who is SO educated would be intelligent and able to realize the stupidity in what he was saying. Perhaps big time lawyers and their fancy schools just can't take the stupid out of people. I wonder how much money he spent on education to become intelligent?

Unfortunately, most of the K-12 schools in this country aren't focused on teaching people to think logically and become "more intelligent". They are focused on rote learning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rote_learning) and preparing students to function as unskilled employees so that they can survive -- albeit meagerly -- in the world.

Many of our colleges and universities aren't much better, and by the time kids get into institutions of higher learning, they've already been trained not to think logically, but instead to just memorize content.

It's difficult to break that thought process once you're an adult, which is why even most of those people who go to college never really learn critical thinking skills.

This guy is just another example of that...

IMO, that's the biggest reason this country is at risk of losing its economic advantage over the rest of the world...we just don't have enough people who can truly "think outside the box" and innovate...

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
Baselane is the Ultimate All-In-One Banking Platform for REI Built with integrated rent collection & bookkeeping to save time so you can grow your RE business.