Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Off Topic
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Timothy W.#3 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
Am I on drugs?

• Investor
  • Viera, FL
Posted

Am I high?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsFsn8ekyhw&feature=player_embedded

Did a United States Congressman really just express concerns that an island will tip over and capsize? Really? Seriously?

Eddie, did you put something "special" in my cigars?

User Stats

Votes
Christopher W.
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Orange County, CA
Replied

WHAT? Guam is in danger of capsizing!?! We need to do something right away! Maybe start a relief fund for the locals and other military personnel stationed there?

That congressman can start by sending money to me.

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied

No you're not Tim but I'm pretty sure he is :mrgreen:

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied

Video is gone. Can you find another pointing to it?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Springfield, MO
Replied

http://www.newsopi.com/politics/hank-johnson-congress/651/

Here is another link.

Amazing. Reminds me of when I was on the high school debate team and we would argue "squirrels". Basically, we would argue something completely ridiculous so that the opposition would not be able to reasonably argue anything back.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied

LMAO. Generally, when a politician uses some kind of analogy, it is pretty evident. I can't see how he in any way was attempting to do that here. With that in mind, this might just be a clip of one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard made by an elected official. Wow!

User Stats

Votes
Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Replied

What idiot state, party and district elected this nutcake? This is scary, when you realize these guys are determining our future!! Rich

User Stats

Votes
Sam M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Craigmont, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Craigmont, ID
Replied

Wow! Like Rich said. It is scary to realize this is a person of influence in the legislative branch of our government. How much are we paying this guy?

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied
Originally posted by Rich Weese:
What idiot state, party and district elected this nutcake? This is scary, when you realize these guys are determining our future!! Rich

It's a gerrymander district just east of Atlanta, Georgia. I have to check but I don't think I'm homophobic yet for answering your question.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Babiak
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Replied

Talk about your April Fools ...

Timing is everything.

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

I have to check but I don't think I'm homophobic yet for answering your question.

Since you had to allude to it again, Tim...

Nope, homophobic would be unsolicitedly sending someone a link pointing out that their hometown is considered to be the "most gay" in the nation after that person posted something you didn't like in a political thread...

You did that to me, right Tim? Luckily the mods found it inappropriate and took action...

I dropped it weeks ago, but I'm happy to retell the story EVERY time you bring it up...ball's in your court, Tim...

As for the original post in this thread, just an indication of why this country has major issues...too many uninformed and uneducated idiots out there...

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Replied

JScott- Every country has uneducated idiots- but why are we the country that elects them??? Rich

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied

I really should learn fiddle playing. :lol:

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied
Originally posted by Rich Weese:
JScott- Every country has uneducated idiots- but why are we the country that elects them??? Rich

Because, unfortunately, the majority of the voting public is a bunch of idiots as well...

Our educational system sucks...which is why U.S. GDP will continue to shrink, and why our economy will continue to stagnate (no, deficit spending is not the main problem). From an innovation standpoint, we will no longer be the greatest nation on the planet in a few years, and the economic success of this country will reflect that...

In fact, if you quantify innovation as a percentage of GDP, I'd guess we no longer are the most innovative country on the planet... (and I'm guessing most economists would agree)

The level of intelligence of the "average American" is disgraceful, and it's time that we raise the average (or at least the median)...

My guess is that intelligent people tend to vote for intelligent people, so if we were able to raise the intelligence of the average American, my guess is that we would see the intelligence of the average elected official increase as well...

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Ziv
  • Investor
  • Mableton, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mableton, GA
Replied
Originally posted by Christopher W.:
WHAT? Guam is in danger of capsizing!?! We need to do something right away! Maybe start a relief fund for the locals and other military personnel stationed there?

That congressman can start by sending money to me.

After watching the video and the almost lured speech I think the congressman is off (The Cherry is blooming in Washington now, so maybe it the antihistamine...) And no I didn't put anything in your cigar. However, judging by the political views that you hold, you must be on something....

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied
Originally posted by TimW:
I really should learn fiddle playing.

Was going to write something witty here, but you wouldn't get it anyway, and I don't feel like having to explain it...

So, never mind...

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Ziv
  • Investor
  • Mableton, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mableton, GA
Replied
Originally posted by J Scott:
Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
However, judging by the political views that you hold, you must be on something....

Maybe not...there's another explanation...see my comment above yours... :)

Ok, so lets recap. We don't want to spend on education (Waste of money) but we want to have every pregnancy in this country to come to a full term. We also don't want to relax immigration laws to allow brains (Something we cannot produce any more) to come in. We won't spend a penny on helping mothers, but we spend fortune building prisons... Now lets see, who exactly is on drugs...???

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied

Ok, so lets recap. We don't want to spend on education (Waste of money) but we want to have every pregnancy in this country to come to a full term.

I find it hilarious that these people who think it should be legally required for every pregnancy in this country to come to full term are the same ones that blame the teenage mothers for our economic problems (food stamps, welfare, etc).

When you point out the contradiction and ask them to choose between their religion and their politics, they freak out...

Even funnier, the problem is the same on both sides -- bad role models!

The teenage mothers are the product of bad parenting, and the religious crazies are the product of a Church who thinks it's okay to rape little boys and cover it up.

Both sides have a lot in common and don't even realize it... :)

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied
you must be on something....

Amish food. Healthiest stuff in the world. They were organic before organic was cool.

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied
Originally posted by TimW:
I really should learn fiddle playing.

Was going to write something witty here, but you wouldn't get it anyway, and I don't feel like having to explain it...

So, never mind...

Ah yes, the old "I was going to be witty, but decided to withhold my witty repartee because the witnesses of my wittiness may be without the wit and wherewithal to willingly weigh my witty 'wisdom' without worrisome word wrangling, lackeys notwithstanding" routine. I hope it serves you well.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Strauss
  • Wholesaler
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied
Ah yes, the old "I was going to be witty, but decided to withhold my witty repartee because the witnesses of my wittiness may be without the wit and wherewithal to willingly weigh my witty 'wisdom' without worrisome word wrangling, lackeys notwithstanding" routine. I hope it serves you well.

L O L ! ! !

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied

Ah yes, alliteration as a substitute for wit...impressive!

On a completely unrelated note, allow me to reiterate my point about improving education in this country...it is a very serious issue...

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied
allow me to reiterate my point about improving education in this country...it is a very serious issue...

They can start by teaching the sophisticated and self-proclaimed intelligent Democrats from Georgia Geology 101.
Hemlane logo
Hemlane
|
Sponsored
Managing your property just got WAY cheaper and easier! Handle repairs, rent, listings, and more with the touch of a button - property manage like a pro!

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied
Ah yes, alliteration as a substitute for wit...impressive!

I voted for being witty before I voted against it.

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied
They can start by teaching the sophisticated and self-proclaimed intelligent Democrats from Georgia Geology 101.

Actually, it's more physics than geology (there's nothing geological to stop islands from getting subducted under a tectonic plate in a way that would appear to be "tipping over"...from a physics standpoint though, adding a relatively small amount of weight to the land mass wouldn't increase the likelihood of the event)...

Clearly, it's not just politicians who need a better education...it's also part-time real estate investors (and lots of other people)...

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Replied

This might be even worse than you think! This district had Chris Mcaullife or Mcauley(SP) before this guy. He might be the best there is too offer. Help me with the previous congress lady... Rich