Book Recommendations for our Contest

Book Recommendations for our Contest

Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 15 votes

Hi All!

We own resorts/rentals and run a Vacation/Short Rental Management company. I’m putting together a “Growth” contest for our team that I could use some help with. Any person on our team that reads a certain number of books off of our reading list will win a cruise for 2 early next year.
Before I send the contest out, I thought I would ask for some specific book recommendations from the BP community. I know there are tons on awesome books out there! I'm looking specifically for anything that fits the below categories: 

1. Learn/grow specific skills as a vacation rental owners/management company. I really would like to add a book specific to our niche on processes or creative ways to give better customer experiences, design, airbnb/vrbo tips and tricks, driving reviews, marketing etc.... 

2. Business skills that would be helpful to our growing company and possibly for specific roles on our team. Marketing, finance, sales etc. 

3. Help us grow our, attitude, thinking, teamwork, leadership, creativity, communication etc 

4. Inspirational books for our team. I want them to think big and have awesome lives and huge success!!

*** I'd also love to get some great book recommendations from women authors. As a guy, I realized that most of my favorite self help/business authors are men. I'm sure our team and myself would benefit from a broader perspective.

Thank you for any recommendations, and have a truly fantastic day! 

-Taylor

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Central Virginia · Member since 2020 · 393 posts · 253 votes
4y

Hi @Taylor Hosick, Mike Zuber's second book about 15 millionaires might be a good book for you. You can get a flavor for what he teaches on his YouTube channel One Rental at a Time. Take a look and take care. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2018 · 151 posts · 165 votes
    4y

    Hey @Taylor Hosick!

    Love this post! I have a few suggestions that might be slightly outside the realm of what you're looking for, but I think fit in really nicely at the same time. The first one is "Can't Hurt Me" by David Goggins. Overall such a crazy mindset book. The other would be "Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson. Such an amazing story and very helpful to learn how one of the greatest entrepreneurs started Apple! Looking forward to hearing other folks' responses! What are you currently reading?

  • Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Hey @Jeffrey Albaum,

    I actually hadn't considered putting a biography on our list, but that's a great idea! I'm currently rereading the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and "Profit First for Real Estate Investing". I also try to keep Zig Ziglar or Tony Robbins in the audio rotation all time as I'm reading new material. After the Bible, they help me keep my mind right!

  • Rental Property Investor · Medford, NJ · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    I'm a huge fan of stoic philosophy, Obstacle is the way by Ryan holiday is a great book that makes you think differently about challenges that come up in life and business 

  • Member since 2022 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    4y

    Robinson Crusoe is a thought-provoking and adventurous tale of ingenuity and intrigue, and a literary classic. I love it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Thanks @Bradley Rieger,

    I've actually not gotten to that one yet, I know many people consider it a classic. Adding it and ordering it for myself right now!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Hey @Anthony R.,

    That's thinking out of the box... I see your point! Classic novel, and I'm sure our team would appreciate some adventure added to our list! Thanks sir!

  • Investor · Central Virginia · Member since 2020 · 393 posts · 253 votes
    4y

    Hi @Taylor Hosick, Mike Zuber's second book about 15 millionaires might be a good book for you. You can get a flavor for what he teaches on his YouTube channel One Rental at a Time. Take a look and take care. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Thanks for chiming in @Chris Webb. I'll check that out! It looks like Mike has some great stuff!

  • Member since 2021 · 166 posts · 113 votes
    4y

    @Taylor Hosick Grab a copy of "Who, Not How." Its a short (209 page) read, which makes it easy to read in a few hours. If you adopt its teachings, you can magnify what you can do individually (by scaling yourself, and subsequently the business).

  • Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Love it @Jeff Costa! I actually already included this one. I read it this year and it has really impacted how we approach our business. Thanks sir!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.