22 Year Old Full Time Investor in S. Central Texas

22 Year Old Full Time Investor in S. Central Texas

Investor · Maxwell, TX · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 69 votes

Good evening Bigger Pockets!

I'm pumped to be here! I've listened to the podcasts for the past 4 months and just bought 2 properties this week!

A little about me, I graduated from Texas State University in San Marcos in August of 2015 (in three years) with a Bachelor's of Science in Construction Science and Management and a Business minor. During college I worked for two large commercial construction contractors, and after graduation decided to work for a custom home builder in Horseshoe Bay, TX. After about a year of managing subs and performing punch-out, I saved up some money and decided to take the leap and venture out on my own.

Since leaving my job in May, I've spent hours listening to the BP podcasts, talking with local agents, and analyzing deals (about 10). It took some time to become familiar with $/SF, but after ditching Zillow, the MLS, I decided to price new construction and the rest is history.

On Tuesday of this week I closed on a lot to build a spec home. I'm planning on partnering with a GC to build it.

And today at noon I actually closed on my first home! It was a FSBO that I came across while driving for dollars. I'll be fixing it up and reselling it. Its a 1,500 SF 3/2 single story that needs flooring, paint, new siding, appliances, fixtures, and a new A/C. I'll be subbing out the specialty trades and doing a lot of the other work myself. More pictures to come!

Again, I owe a big thank you to Bigger Pockets for producing such great content, I was able to pick up quite a bit through the podcasts. I wanted to wait to introduce myself until I finally nailed down a property, and here I finally am! Two properties in one week!

Keywords: Kyle, Buda, San Marcos, Lockhart, Bastrop, South Austin, San Antonio, New Braunfels, wholesaler

8Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent / Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 36 votes
9y

Amazing! Great job driving for dollars. What are the terms for purchasing the home? Was it purchased cash? Seller financing?

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.