New Member from Pittsburgh, PA

New Member from Pittsburgh, PA

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone.

I'm new to BP but I've been using other real estate and personal finance resources over the past year or so such as the Radical Personal Finance Podcast and The Millionaire Mind.

I've spent the majority of my life in Pittsburgh, aside from a 10-month stint in Greenville, SC for a co-op with BMW Manufacturing during college. I attended the University of Pittsburgh where I graduated with a computer engineering degree while playing ACHA D1 ice hockey. I'm currently working as a Creative Technologist in the city's Strip District for an innovation studio/advertising agency called Deeplocal. My free time activities include golf, working out, skiing, hiking with my dog, and basically anything else that involves outdoors or fitness.

I am currently growing my education, contacts, and capital to invest in real estate. I want to invest in real estate part-time in the near future. I purchased my personal residence in October 2015, which I plan to live in for a few years, then add an additional bedroom and rent as a long-term strategy. My eventual goal, as I'm sure is similar to many others here, is financial independence and the ability to work on the projects I want to work on while working with the people I want to work with.

I'm looking forward to engaging with the BP community, it seems like a quality source of information and contacts. Feel free to drop me a line and say hello or ask questions!

Thanks for reading.

Oscar

2Reply
24 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Hey @Oscar Prom,

    Welcome to the community.There are a lot of investors here who honestly don't sharing their experience and knowledge.I wish you the best on your investing.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Oscar Prom, welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @Oscar Prom

    Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!  

  • Irwin, PA · Member since 2015 · 152 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP! Dive into the podcasts and forums and knock yourself out. There's tons of people from Pittsburgh here to help you on your way. 

    I'd recommend setting up keywords for the topics/neighborhoods you are interested in and go from there!

    Best of L.U.C.K. to you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 821 posts · 255 votes
    10y

    @Oscar Prom Welcome to Biggerpockets. Pittsburgh is a great market to invest in and I wish you the best in your endeavors. Feel free to reach out to me with your specific interests. Would like to hear more....Thanks, Gary

  • pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hi, Great, I am also from pittsburgh!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.