User Stats

Votes
Akhil Aggarwal
Votes |
Introducing myself: New Investor in the DMV Area

Akhil Aggarwal
Posted Apr 14 2024, 12:19

Hi all! 

My name is Akhil, and I'm 24 years old. I've recently gotten really interested in real estate after looking at possible ways to generate long term wealth. I'm currently living in the DMV area (specifically, Germantown MD).

I'm super new to the game, and am slightly overwhelmed with the amount of information there is! Question for those that are further in their journey than me: 

- What should I be focusing on right now as a beginner? 

What do you recommend as my game plan to land my first rental property within 12 months? 

Thank you in advance! Excited to be here.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 14 2024, 15:50
Quote from @Akhil Aggarwal:

Hi all! 

My name is Akhil, and I'm 24 years old. I've recently gotten really interested in real estate after looking at possible ways to generate long term wealth. I'm currently living in the DMV area (specifically, Germantown MD).

I'm super new to the game, and am slightly overwhelmed with the amount of information there is! Question for those that are further in their journey than me: 

What do you recommend as my game plan to land my first rental property within 12 months? 

1. Get to know the players, the people and the areas where to invest and not to invest.

2. I would not put a time on when to buy your first property. In 12 months is great, but buy when you are ready. Push for that but if you are not ready or there are no good deals, do not force a deal.

User Stats

Votes
Akhil Aggarwal
Votes |
Replied Apr 14 2024, 16:05

That makes sense, thank you!

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Russell Brazil
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorReplied Apr 14 2024, 16:18
Quote from @Akhil Aggarwal:

Hi all! 

Welcome to BP. I'm right next door in Gaithersburg.
If you don't have a property yet, I'd attempt a househacking strategy
District Invest Group Logo