Pro Member
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
New to Real Estate Investing

Nicole A.
Pro Member
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Mar 9 2024, 02:14

Hi! I'm Nicole, a newbie to the world of real estate investing.

Although I'm new to the real estate industry, I am excited to start this new journey. Let's talk about real estate. I'm interested in investing in new construction homes in Maryland. What advice and guidance can you share with first-time home buyers? And for homeowners in the forum, what are some things you wish you knew before you made your first purchase?

User Stats

Votes
Russell Brazil
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorReplied Mar 9 2024, 07:13
Quote from @Nicole A.:

Hi! I'm Nicole, a newbie to the world of real estate investing.

Although I'm new to the real estate industry, I am excited to start this new journey. Let's talk about real estate. I'm interested in investing in new construction homes in Maryland. What advice and guidance can you share with first-time home buyers? And for homeowners in the forum, what are some things you wish you knew before you made your first purchase?

I'd say understanding the quality of different builders is paramount, so you understand what you're buying. Doing a pre-drywall inspection is of huge importance. Just cause it's new construction, don't expect it to not have issues.

District Invest Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
JC Coskun
  • Developer
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Washington, DC
Replied Mar 10 2024, 19:40

Welcome Nicole! Just trying to understand your investment strategy, why would you like to start with new construction? Are you planning on living/house hack or will this be an investment/rental? I have done flips in MD, feel free to reach out directly if you have any questions. Happy to connect with like minded individuals. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes