New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Vicktor Abrams
Votes |
New Bigger Pockets Community Member

Vicktor Abrams
Posted Feb 19 2024, 07:17

Hey I’m a new/novice investor located in the Minneapolis/Twin Cities metro area. Looking to buy my first rental property in my area this year. Excited to be a part of this community and learning from the large knowledgeable base on this platform.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Pflueger
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ben Lomond, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ben Lomond, CA
Replied Feb 19 2024, 08:02

@Vicktor Abrams

Welcome to the community Vicktor! BP is a tremendous resource at your finger tips. Your best bet is to start learning as much as you can by reading through the site, books, and anything and everything you can get your hands on. Also, try and find a few real estate meetups in your area to start attending. You may feel out of your depth at first but the more you attend and learn the more comfortable you will feel. 

Best of luck and keep at it!

User Stats

Votes
Stacy Helman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Feb 20 2024, 09:46

Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community Vicktor! I co-host a monthly real estate meetup called "Real Estate Wealth Builders Circle" with education and a social accountability connection with other local investors here in the Twin Cities. This program is designed to help each other reach wealth building goals through small group connections. I post the meetup details every month in Real Estate Classifieds --> Real Estate Events & Meetups. We typically meet the 3rd Thursday of every month, but will need to adjust for March. I would love to meet you at our meetup.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Vicktor Abrams
Votes |
Replied Feb 21 2024, 08:03

Thanks Stacy, yeah I’ve been looking on the site for local meet ups and am looking forward to attending yours and others in the area in the next few months.

User Stats

Votes
Amanda McKee
  • Realtor
  • Minnesota
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Minnesota
Replied Feb 29 2024, 07:26

Hi Vicktor, and welcome! It's exciting to be starting on this journey! Bigger Pockets is an incredible resource. I highly recommend reading their books, joining their FB groups, and continue perusing the forums.

I am a Minnesota investor and agent. What type of property are you thinking you may be looking for and what area?

User Stats

Votes
Tim Swierczek
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied Mar 3 2024, 17:26

@Vicktor Abrams @Stacy Helman is a great resource and she built it from the ground up. I'd highly recommend you meet with her ASAP.

• Lender Arizona (#103522), Colorado (#103522), New Jersey (#103522), Florida (#103522), Wisconsin (#103522), Minnesota (#103522), Tennessee (#103522), and Texas (#103522)

The Tim Swierczek Team - Gold Star Mortgage Logo