Massive RE Investor Summit!! SF Bay Area, Oct 2014

Massive RE Investor Summit!! SF Bay Area, Oct 2014

This event is brought to you by:SF Bay Summit

When:

Where:San Francisco Bay Area

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

I would like to invite everyone out to the San Francisco Bay Area for a Massive Real Estate Investor Summit in October this year! This would be a massive Friday evening through Sunday event with extensive networking opportunities, “deal” groups with investors, commercial lenders, and private money lenders, and informative and action-oriented speaking sessions to improve your real estate investing (and your life!). Details below, and more to come!

What: Massive RE Investor Summit!!!
Where: San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States
When: Fri eve through Sun, October, 2014 (exact weekend to be announced)
Why: Find funding and deals, develop meaningful relationships through face-to-face meetings, learn more about advancing and improving your existing RE performance, other target investment areas, current market updates, ideas on how/where to invest today, and meet and have fun with great people in a great place!
Cost: Yes. There will be a cost to get the space we need, amenities, snacks/food/drink, etc, It will be reasonable for a function like this in the Bay. More to come as the details are finalized.
YOU: Please post below if you’re interested in coming out for this informative and fun event! I’ll get your email address from your BP account and email you when the details are pinned down!

I am organizing this meetup, and it is not put on by or endorsed by Bigger Pockets. But I would like to invite @Joshua D. n and @Brandon Turner to come back out to the Bay and join this even larger RE investor gathering in October! And thanks to @Jaren Barnes for graciously volunteering to help me set this up also. Speakers and guests TBA.. Let me know if this sounds like something you’ll enjoy below!

6Reply
705 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 5 votes
12y

I'll be there!

See this reply in the discussion

177 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I am definately in for the REI Conference. Let me know how a newer investor can help?

  • Investor · Los Altos, CA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    I am very interested. Thank you!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Ralph E. , No joke!

    I WILL be limiting the size of the event to make it a great experience for everyone on this first event, and I expect it to sell out. But I’m in talks with several venues that should be able to accommodate at least 200-300 people. I also have a few great tentative speakers, and a lot of GREAT ideas for networking and connecting people, to be finalized with the venue date.

    It has been 1 week since I started this posting. There have been 104 posts (quite a few from me) from a total of 67 users, with some saying they are bringing others. And there will be a lot of people coming from outside Bigger Pockets, including many people I know from outside.

    In contrast, the feeler for the 2012 Bigger Pockets Summit had about 80 posts from about 50 users at the same time a week in.. So I think there’s definitely the demand out there for a great networking and speaking event! And this is going to be a networking event with targeted connections and introductions like you’ve never seen them!

    Maybe @Joshua D. or @Brandon Turner can make it out to inspire some future BP members and solidify the existing base..!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Ross Miller ,

    Send me a colleague request with your email address so I can keep you up to date, and thanks for the offer for some help. There has really been an overwhelming out of support and help offered by the community, but I may have some things to help out with later in the process.. I'll be in touch!

    @Sam Lee ,

    Likewise, send me a colleague request with your email so I can send you the details when they are finalized. It's stacking up to be a fantastic event!

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Purnell C- Thanks for the heads up. Not sure of schedule and I don't have much current knowledge on CA real estate if that is the direction of seminar. If it is on general topics, I have more input to give. Curretly on 5 week cruise so not much BP time-too expensive. Today I'm in LA and able to post free. Two days from now in SF, so if you can move seminar up to Monday,,,, I'm all in! Rich

  • san jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Wouldn't want to miss this, count me in!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Rich Weese ,

    I've seen your posts a lot on the forums, and saw some of your input from the last BP Summit in 2012. The Summit I'm planning isn't about CA real estate specifically. There's just lots of investors in CA that want to come out - I think because the travel is easier, and most everyone loves coming to the Bay!

    I would love to meet up with you on Monday and pick your brain if you have any time available Rich.. and I can meet you in an easy spot for you..

    Please let me know!

    @Rick B. , send me a colleague request with your email address so I can keep you notified!

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2011 · 92 posts · 69 votes
    12y

    Hi @J. Martin ,

    I'm interested as well, might be coming with my husband. Thank you for organizing. It's always a crowd when you are the host. You're like people magnet :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2012 · 240 posts · 45 votes
    12y

    I'm In

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @J. Martin WOW!!! I knew you'd get a huge amount of interest as so many have been hungry for a summit! What is your head count so far?

  • Real Estate Broker · San Leandro, CA · Member since 2010 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    I was at the last event in san Francisco at the brew pub. It was a great event! Even got to meet you and @Joshua Dorkin there. I'm sure this will be even bigger & better. I'll going!

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @jmartin- Not sure which gets to you quicker so I'll reply on both. Check my reply to your colleague request for my thoughts on tomorrow. Rich

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Karen Margrave , from the people on here and who I've spoken with offline, it looks like we are at around 100 people so far. In just over a week..

    @Tim Farrell , I'll keep you up to date.

    @Yuliany W. , thanks for the offer to help! (Got your email too). I'm hashing out what needs to be done in the coming weeks. Trying to negotiate the venue now, to get started.. I'll let you know!

    @Michael C. , I was glad you could make it out to the last meetup. It was a great time! I'm planning on making this one an even better networking event, with more specific introductions to those with similar interests or investments.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Rich Weese ,

    Thanks for taking some time to meet with you while you were in SF briefly. It was a pleasure hearing about your experiences and successes over the decades, and the educational story. It's really inspirational to see as a young investor.. And thanks for the advice on the summit. It really helps to hear from someone who went to the 2012 BP summit, and who has held countless seminars themselves..

    It's also funny how small this world is. Great hearing your stories about the Central Coast, Nipomo (where I grew up), Arroyo Grande (where I went to high school), the Mesa (where I went to middle school.) And the dunes (where I used to ride quads and dirtbikes), on top of Pismo Beach, Shell Beach ets. It was a nice flashback through my childhood, and hopefully some good times for you also. Hope your grandchildren enjoy the "arm slinkies." I think they're one of the best toys ever! Thanks again for taking some time to share.

  • Bay Area, CA · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    Just need to know the exact dates but am definitely interested. Need help? You know my email. Thanks for organizing!

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2014 · 63 posts · 77 votes
    12y

    Wow 115 replies already!

    My planning horizon is normally ~1 week but I certainly don't want to miss this, thanks for the tag.

  • Investor · El Dorado Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    I am interested
  • Involved In Real Estate · Billerica, MA · Member since 2009 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Ill be there. Ill be moving to Petaluma in July and cant wait to meet up with other Bp'ers come october.

  • Investor · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2010 · 158 posts · 61 votes
    12y

    I'm interested as well, just need to know the dates to be able to confirm.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Eleanor V.

    Glad you’re interested in coming, and thanks for volunteering! We have just over a dozen volunteers now (probably more than I can use!) – but the outpour of support and help means a lot! I’ll keep you all up to date, and let you know where you can help, if and when.. Also, @Jaren Barnes and @Peter K. are planning meetups down in the South Bay now. Keep in touch with them for more news. Peter was nice enough to introduce me to his contact for private lending in case my conventional financing falls through on my current 4plex deal in Oakland.. Jaren introduced me to Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner, to have them at my last meetup. Both great guys!

    @Kathryn M.

    I’ll count you in! I agree, I don’t usually plan ahead so much.. but this is BIG! And you’ve just had a small taste of the networking events I’ve put on so far.. Did you get any good contacts or info then? This will put that scale to shame! You probably won’t even want to come out to the monthly meetups after this! lol Btw, I have all the contact info for you, @Amit M. , @Anna Ng, @Joanna, @Andrew S, etc, if all the SF folks want to get together sometime also.. You don’t have to wait for the meetups!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Joe Bertolino , thanks for hopping on the forum with your interest. By the way, do you talk to @Al Williamson up in Sacramento? I’ve always found him to be a great source of landlording advice, and other ideas and inspiration, and will have the opportunity to meet him in Sacramento later this month.. Both of you, please tag anyone on this forum you think may be interested from the Sac area! I have some great networking/connection events planned, and some great speakers tentatively lined up, pending the venue approval of the event, and some logistics..

    @Whitney Weert ,

    Welcome to (soon to be here) Petaluma! Interesting little place that’s growing rapidly. @Bill Bockwoldt is the only RE investor I've met from Petaluma, off the top of my head. @Brian Burke , @Adam Menconi , and @Nick Fitzpatrick are probably the next closest people I have met in your new area, just north in Santa Rosa. Maybe you can touch base with them sometime.. Welcome to the site, and to the big Summit!

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @jmartin- I enjoyed the time on solid ground and off the Ship! In Victoria today. Looks like you're continuing to get good interest. Good luck. Onto Vancouver tomorrow. Rich

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Rich Weese ,

    Enjoy the rest of the cruise! Great meeting you. And let me know if your grandchildren enjoy the toys!

    @Account Closed , no worries, there will always be more.. and speaking of that..

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    I'll be holding the next East Bay Meetup in my newly purchased 4plex in Oakland, tentatively scheduled for Wed, 5/28 (subject to change if close date changes). This special meetup will include a tour (from yours truly) of the property and 3 vacant units, strategy from prospecting to loan close, financials & projections, and fielding any questions. And I'll post my results after lease-up.

    The meetup will also of course, have introductions, lots of networking, and good discussions. No speakers or sales/guru pitches. Capped at a much lower maximum # of people this time due to venue.. But looking forward to seeing some of you there! Please post on the tab for the meetup, and not this one..

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/127599-east-bay-meetup-on-site-at-my-new-4plex-in-e-oakland-wed-5-28

  • New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin - any update on the dates for this exciting event? I'd love to block it off on my calendar and I imagine there are other people out there like me :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.