Votes
Kenneth Chen
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
Boracare or Bora Care and Termidor for Termites

Kenneth Chen
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Oct 30 2019, 20:14

May anyone have experience with Boracare or Bora Care and / or Termidor treatment(s) for Termites?  Curious if anyone has preferences for one or the other. Or if anyone has had good or bad experiences with these chemicals.  I understand using both concurrently may be a good thing. Specifically having Termidor injected into the soil and spraying Bora Care onto exposed wood.  

User Stats

Votes
John Teachout
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Concord, GA
Votes |
  • Concord, GA
Replied Oct 30 2019, 20:30

Termidor (generic Taurus) is a non repellent and as far as my experience is effective but these chemicals don't have much residual life compared to what they used to use in "the good ole days". The non repellents are carried back to the nest and wipes out the entire colony in theory. I just figure to retreat about every 8 years. Termidor is applied as a diluted liquid in a trench around the perimeter of a building and then put in/around the inside of a crawl including the piers. I've treated some buildings myself and it's a fair amount of work but saves quite a bit of money.

I have no experience with the Boracare but from the name am guessing it contains boric acid which kills ants/termites.

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Chen
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
  • Jersey City, NJ
Replied Oct 31 2019, 07:04

Thank you @John Teachout, I am considering a dual treatment, Boracare for the infested wood, and Termidor in the ground.  I understand from a couple exterminators, that doing both may even more effective.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 31 2019, 13:54

Since I ran out of Chlorodane (yep, had a gallon of the concentrate..lasted me 50 years!) my go to for bug stuff is Do-it-yourself Pest Control.  You have to connect with me to get the phone or web address since this forum blocks that stuff.  The owner is a chem-wizard.

User Stats

Votes
John Teachout
  • Concord, GA
Votes |
  • Concord, GA
Replied Oct 31 2019, 17:33
Originally posted by @Daryl Luc:

Since I ran out of Chlorodane (yep, had a gallon of the concentrate..lasted me 50 years!) my go to for bug stuff is Do-it-yourself Pest Control.  You have to connect with me to get the phone or web address since this forum blocks that stuff.  The owner is a chem-wizard.

I use them if you're referring about the place in the Atlanta area. That's where I got my last couple jugs of Taurus. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 1 2019, 15:19
Originally posted by @John Teachout:

I use them if you're referring about the place in the Atlanta area. That's where I got my last couple jugs of Taurus. 

Yep.  That's them.