Quick Q for Philadelphia investors/realtors

Quick Q for Philadelphia investors/realtors

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 3 votes
If a property is zoned as cmx-1 does that property have to maintain a business operation on the first floor? A "duplex" I am currently looking at is zoned as cmx-1, however, the first floor has been converted into a one bedroom apartment. I'm assuming they didn't get the proper permits to do this,therefore; I'm a bit leery into pursing this as I don't want any complication arising from renting out the first floor as an apartment and maybe having a neighbor or whoever turn me in. This would hold up renting the property and so forth. If it is legal to do this then I'll look into the property further, I just don't want to be doing anything illegal. I know the first answer is going to be contact a real estate lawyer but instead of dishing out $$ I'm asking the question here because I'm sure someone has run into this exact situation and therefore can offer insight. Thank you, Mike
0Reply
9 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.