Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Maria M.
Votes |
Best and worst months to rent in Florida

Maria M.
Posted May 5 2024, 19:20

Hello, I am relatively new to landlording in Florida, and would like to know what are the best and worst months to find tenants. I have a tenant whose lease ends on August 31st, but he is okay extending it until January 31st, so I would like to know which date in your opinion would be best to find a new tenant. Thank you! 

User Stats

Votes
Michelle Frericks
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied May 6 2024, 05:09

Where in Florida? In Northeast Florida my experience has been that it is slower in January/February as far as showing traffic/potential tenants. 

User Stats

Votes
Ecaterina Katerina Morosan
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 6 2024, 17:00

Hi Maria,

It depends on the location and type of property. 

If it's a family style single family home or multifamily unit, unfurnished, in non-core areas, the timing doesn't really matter as most likely your tenants a re locals who can relocate at any time regardless of the season. 

If it's a condo rental in core/tourist areas of Miami, I'd say September would be better from our experience. February is going into off season so I wouldn't recommend unless you're priced below market value just to save on vacancy.

Hope this helps!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Maria M.
Votes |
Replied May 6 2024, 17:03
Quote from @Ecaterina Katerina Morosan:

Hi Maria,

It depends on the location and type of property. 

If it's a family style single family home or multifamily unit, unfurnished, in non-core areas, the timing doesn't really matter as most likely your tenants a re locals who can relocate at any time regardless of the season. 

If it's a condo rental in core/tourist areas of Miami, I'd say September would be better from our experience. February is going into off season so I wouldn't recommend unless you're priced below market value just to save on vacancy.

Hope this helps!

Thank you Ecaterina. It is a multifamily in non tourist area

User Stats

Votes
Maria M.
Votes |
Replied May 6 2024, 17:04
Quote from @Michelle Frericks:

Where in Florida? In Northeast Florida my experience has been that it is slower in January/February as far as showing traffic/potential tenants. 

Thank you Michelle, the area is near West Palm Beach, South Florida