Revenue streams for a property management company

Revenue streams for a property management company

Involved In Real Estate · Biloxi, MS · Member since 2013 · 76 posts · 30 votes

I need assistance putting together a list of secondary revenue streams for a property management company. So far I have

  • PM fee (% of rent or flat fee)
  • Lease ups
  • Maintenance (upcharge)
  • Vendor rebate program on items such as appliances
  • Pet fee (not sure if this goes to the owner or PM)
  • Lawn care (upcharge)
  • Cleaning
  • Renters Insurance (commission?)
  • Appliance and furniture rental (commission?)

My target market is single family homes in desirable subdivisions so adding things such coin laundry, bill boards, etc. would be off the table. Thanks

0Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Henderson, NV · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 550 votes
12y

@Chris Martin I'm a believer in full transparency. I think it's foolish to up charge owners for things you should be doing anyway. I don't see a problem with providing ancillary services, with proper disclosure, that are priced competitively or add value in a different way.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.