Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Angela Crosson
Votes |
New Investor looking mentor

Angela Crosson
Posted

Hi! I’m new to investing. I’ve been trying Wholesaling on my own by doing cold calling, but I really feel that I need a mentor.. it’s hard doing it on my own with no real guidance or somebody to follow. at this point, I’m not sure if I should be become an agent just to be a part of a group and have that direction support and motivation. Any advice would be very helpful.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Wray
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Replied

Angela,

Wholesaling is to as easy as it sounds there is a lot of foot work and you need a good amount of cold calling experience. In most cases its the initial calls where many new wholesalers fail due to the lack of aggressive telemarketing skills. Other than that it the lack of research or ability to lean on another wholesaler for advice on the do's and do not’s

To be an agent is much easier to attain in terms of course work and testing. Finding a good broker is also key to have a better chance with repeat clients and leads. I would never say give up but if you gave it your all and feel drained simply change paths. Cape Cod is a great spot to sell real estate offering higher home prices and bigger commission checks.

Once you have 2-3 years in the real estate arena you can always take a re-look at wholesaling. At that point you should have more money, more experience, and know more people. I use to visit Cape Cod each year to go out the cottages and spend a week and enjoy the beach. I moved from NE Mass down to Florida and only go back for vacations but the Cape has always been a great spot for fishing, beach, good food, and great community of people.

If you ever need any help or want to talk shop feel free to reach out or send me an email I enjoy helping and talking REI.