Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Shi Esguerra
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Texas
Votes |
Builder Need for 88k Property

Shi Esguerra
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Texas
Posted Jun 18 2024, 11:43

Hey gang, I’ve gotten a good deal of is dom from forum postings. I’m looking at a property in the DFW area for 88K. My realtor is an investor herself and she’s a reg in fix and flip. She suggests that the property has great potential but advises it be a total knock down and rebuild. Any suggestions on how to find or vet a contractor/ builder? She is looking for people as well. I just don’t know where to search and I’m not sure what I need to say for my needs. I understand that the contractor I have can’t do that. He demo/reno. But apparently someone who can rebuild  needs  to do the permitting. This is still new to me while learning. Any tips? 

User Stats

Votes
Diego A.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Flower Mound, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Flower Mound, TX
Replied Jun 18 2024, 13:19

I haven't done a complete rebuild, but I am working with a client so he can build in a land. The permit seems scary but it is not that hard, you just have to go to the city and talk with their permit department to figure out what all you need.

The contractor has to be registered in the city to be authorized to do the work.

Of course, there are going to be a lot of documentation and the city will need to inspect the process. This is in general done by the project manager handling the project. 

In my investments, I am doing the project management and my general contractor works with the team to complete the work, when we present the permits you have to be very well organized to make sure all paperwork is in place.

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied Jun 18 2024, 15:03
how much is needed for construction ? 
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Shi Esguerra
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Texas
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Texas
Replied Jun 20 2024, 05:25
Quote from @Jacob Sherman: