Bookkeeping Services needed

WantService
Classifieds

Bookkeeping Services needed

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 4 votes

Hi - I need help! I have grown my small portfolio to 6 properties (13 doors) and been using DoorLoop to manage the properties myself. I'm having a had time keeping up with the bookkeeping even though most of the income/expenses are automated. I still have to use a separate software (Stessa) to categorize and align income & expenses and then prep for year end Schedule E. I need to stay on top of the bookkeeping monthly so year-end is not so painful as it always is. I have a mix of short-term and long-term rental which makes it maddening to track. Any suggestions for affordable bookkeeping services to clean up my books and either run them monthly or get me setup correctly?

2Reply
27 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @George Omae:

    Hi - I need help! I have grown my small portfolio to 6 properties (13 doors) and been using DoorLoop to manage the properties myself. I'm having a had time keeping up with the bookkeeping even though most of the income/expenses are automated. I still have to use a separate software (Stessa) to categorize and align income & expenses and then prep for year end Schedule E. I need to stay on top of the bookkeeping monthly so year-end is not so painful as it always is. I have a mix of short-term and long-term rental which makes it maddening to track. Any suggestions for affordable bookkeeping services to clean up my books and either run them monthly or get me setup correctly?


     I have a woman who can help you. send me a PM and I can send you their info. I do not think i can post that info in a public post

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jake BakerBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 695 votes
    2y
    BookkeepingRE - Bookkeeping for Real Estate & Service-Based Businesses58 Reviews
  • Accountant · 100% Remote · Member since 2019 · 497 posts · 216 votes
    2y

    Hey @George Omae, I'd be happy to speak with you to get to the root of what you need. We specialize in REI bookkeeping and I'm an REI myself.

  • Virtual Assistant · Remote · Member since 2020 · 96 posts · 45 votes
    2y
    Quote from @George Omae:

    Hi - I need help! I have grown my small portfolio to 6 properties (13 doors) and been using DoorLoop to manage the properties myself. I'm having a had time keeping up with the bookkeeping even though most of the income/expenses are automated. I still have to use a separate software (Stessa) to categorize and align income & expenses and then prep for year end Schedule E. I need to stay on top of the bookkeeping monthly so year-end is not so painful as it always is. I have a mix of short-term and long-term rental which makes it maddening to track. Any suggestions for affordable bookkeeping services to clean up my books and either run them monthly or get me setup correctly?


    You are using Stessa as your corporate accounting?

    What is your budget? I can refer you to someone that might be able to help.

  • Accountant · Miami, FL · Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Hi George,

    I can help you with Postolo, and we'll take care of everything for you. Postolo is specifically designed to simplify real estate accounting, making the process seamless for portfolio management, including both short-term and long-term rentals. It's built to handle the complexities you're experiencing, integrating with your existing systems to streamline income and expense management. Let's connect([email protected]) to see how Postolo can directly address your bookkeeping challenges and make year-end preparations smooth. 

  • Kristen AmbroseBusiness Member
    Accountant · FL · Member since 2024 · 78 posts · 34 votes
    2y

    Hi @George Omae,

    Seems like you have a lot of great bookkeeping options here, but I'd also invite you to check out my page. 

    We specialize in bookkeeping for REIs and can make sure both your ST and LT rentals are accounted for accurately. We'll provide you with monthly reporting so you know exactly where the business stands and year end will be a breeze. 

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I didn't see anyone mention Baselane yet, so I will. Baselane is a banking and bookkeeping platform designed by real estate investors for real estate investors. I just switched to it last year. Previously, we were using Quickbooks for our rental business and felt it was just to clunky and overkill. We ended up paying a bookkeeper to manage it for us and that was very costly. I was really impressed with what I saw in Baselane. It's very easy to set up, provides all the capabilities we were using in QB but in a much more intuitive, user-friendly way, plus it integrates other features you need if you self-manage your properties like tenant vetting, lease agreements, rent collection and more. And it is very easy to tag each transaction so that it aligns with your Schedule E and to identify the particular property that expense or revenue is related to. You can even split expenses. So, for example, when I pay my business credit card in a lump sum, I can allocate that payment appropriately across properties and categories. It's been a game changer for me and I highly recommend it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.