Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Taegyun Lim
Votes |
DTI of newly established LLC for Loan

Taegyun Lim
Posted Aug 5 2024, 18:03

I consider the business form of LLC vs Self-Employed to do rental business.
For now, I am leaning toward establishing an LLC to purchase and rent real estate.
In this case, the LLC won't have any income performance from the previous year (i.e., no DTI).
Can I still get a mortgage loan to purchase real estate under these circumstances?

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Crivelli
Lender
  • Lender
  • Massachusetts
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Massachusetts
Replied Aug 6 2024, 04:51
Quote from @Taegyun Lim:

For now, I am leaning toward establishing an LLC to purchase and rent real estate.
In this case, the LLC won't have any income performance from the previous year (i.e., no DTI).
Can I still get a mortgage loan to purchase real estate under these circumstances?

If you form an LLC you can use hard money for rehab projects or DSCR 30Y rental loans for stabilized rent ready properties. Typically we are using your personal credit score and you give a personal guarantee on behalf of your LLC. DTI, tax returns and employment checks wouldn't be a factor with these loans. We are local to the Boston area, I would be happy to have a conversation with you about our offerings! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 6 2024, 08:56
Quote from @Matthew Crivelli:
Quote from @Taegyun Lim:

If you form an LLC you can use hard money for rehab projects or DSCR 30Y rental loans for stabilized rent ready properties. Typically we are using your personal credit score and you give a personal guarantee on behalf of your LLC. DTI, tax returns and employment checks wouldn't be a factor with these loans. We are local to the Boston area, I would be happy to have a conversation with you about our offerings! 

Matt, do you know if this is true for other states? I'm looking at doing the same in Delaware.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Crivelli
Lender
  • Lender
  • Massachusetts
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Massachusetts
Replied Aug 6 2024, 10:49
Quote from @Wesley Bernard:
Quote from @Matthew Crivelli:
Quote from @Taegyun Lim:

Matt, do you know if this is true for other states? I'm looking at doing the same in Delaware.

Yes, we lend in 46 states. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 6 2024, 11:54

Thanks! I've already reached out to one mentioned on here and can handle what I need.