How Do You Find Seller Financing?

How Do You Find Seller Financing?

Investor · Charleston, WV · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 8 votes

Hopefully you guys can help answer this for me......I live in West Virginia and primarily invest outside the state.  I like investing near big cities, Indianapolis, Atlanta, etc.  Here's my problem, I've invested pretty much all of the cash that I have and have hit a plateau.  So my question is this, how do I find seller financed deals?  The few people I've talked to don't really have good opinions on it.  Is there a website with just seller-financed listings that I'm not aware of?  Thanks. 

3Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

Kerry Noble JrPro Member
Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

That would be great to have a site of just Seller financed deals....

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    That would be great to have a site of just Seller financed deals....

  • Mark MunsonBusiness Member
    Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2022 · 440 posts · 300 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan K.:

    Hopefully you guys can help answer this for me......I live in West Virginia and primarily invest outside the state.  I like investing near big cities, Indianapolis, Atlanta, etc.  Here's my problem, I've invested pretty much all of the cash that I have and have hit a plateau.  So my question is this, how do I find seller financed deals?  The few people I've talked to don't really have good opinions on it.  Is there a website with just seller-financed listings that I'm not aware of?  Thanks. 

    There are a few routes to try. Some people are targeting FSBOs and pitching seller-financing to them. Most others find seller-financed deals through pulling data on property owners in the areas they want to buy that have a lot of equity in their homes. You can target lists through a multiple list source sites, skip trace those lists, then market to those buyers through cold calling, SMS campaigns, direct mailers, and/or door knocking; amongst other routes. There is no single website to easily find them (that I'm aware of) and if there was, I'd imagine you'd be competing with 1000s of other investors. 
  • Investor · Coppell, TX · Member since 2018 · 311 posts · 166 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan K.:

    Hopefully you guys can help answer this for me......I live in West Virginia and primarily invest outside the state.  I like investing near big cities, Indianapolis, Atlanta, etc.  Here's my problem, I've invested pretty much all of the cash that I have and have hit a plateau.  So my question is this, how do I find seller financed deals?  The few people I've talked to don't really have good opinions on it.  Is there a website with just seller-financed listings that I'm not aware of?  Thanks. 

    There are out there. Try using search keywords "seller financing" or "owner financing" in Realtor.com in your area...
  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 416 posts · 233 votes
    3y

    Hey Nathan - this is the million dollar question.

    I would take a look at all of the MLS data sites (zillow, redfin ect), fb groups / marketplace, craigslist, and other marketplaces where FSBO properties are listed. Sometimes larger portfolios for sale will have owner financing terms a seller is willing to accept (always negotiable).

    I'd build a network of agents and owners in your select markets that work primarily with investment properties. These are the folks that know who is getting the itch to sell before anyone else.

  • Rental Property Investor · AZ · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    I have 3 turnkey investment properties in Arizona that I would be willing to seller finance to the right buyer. 

  • Investor · Charleston, WV · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    I'd love to know more info......

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Nathan K.:

    Hopefully you guys can help answer this for me......  So my question is this, how do I find seller financed deals?  The few people I've talked to don't really have good opinions on it.  Is there a website with just seller-financed listings that I'm not aware of?  Thanks. 

    Great question.  I've worn three hats in the seller financing world (as a property buyer, as a property seller offering terms, and as an investor that buys seller financed note). 

    We track the stats every year and last year there was $28 Billion in seller financed paper recorded across the U.S. That lets you know it is out there and it can be done! 

    Now how to target what you want?

    One strategy is to pursue properties (in your preferred markets) that have been listed for sale for over 90 days (even longer is better). These sellers might be more open to offers to accept payments over time.  It also helps to show them the amount of interest they can get when they add up 30 years of payments (compared to the sales price).
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.