Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mary D.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New Hampshire
Votes |
Why would I use Quicken Loans? "Rocket Mortgage"

Mary D.
Pro Member
  • New Hampshire
Posted
Ive been re- looking at all finance options for flipping and multi units. Banks, Portfolio Banks, Local Mortgage Companies, Nationwide Mortgage Companies... Ive used banks, local portfolio banks, credit unions & local mortgage companies in the past.

Just wondering

Why would I use Quicken Loans or Rocket Mortgage? (BTW their new commercial is creepy)

User Stats

Votes
Kelly Iannone
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Orlando, FL
Replied

I had a good experience refinancing one of my rental SFH. They waived the appraisal and gave a $2.5k credit towards closing cost after I provided a "good faith estimate (forget what the form is actually called)" from a local No Closing Cost mortgage broker. The interest rate was competitive (800+ credit score w/ 75% LTV).

User Stats

Votes
Steve Vaughan#1 Personal Finance Contributor
  • East Wenatchee, WA
Votes |
Steve Vaughan#1 Personal Finance Contributor
  • East Wenatchee, WA
Replied
Originally posted by @Lacey Dillon:

Hi @Mary D. !

I suggest staying far far away. Their origination fees are scary. I have looked at so many Loan Estimates where they charge the borrower $8,000+ in closing cost! It makes no sense. They promote the lowest rate, but really they are charging the borrower in discount points. It is borderline unethical. Build a relationship with a local lender! Especially if you are going to keep buying. Good luck!

They may have super high fees, but at least they're slow.

I was the seller of a torpedo,  I mean rocket, mortgage buyer.  We went under contract in early October so I planned tax-wise for a sale in 2019, pushing another sale out to 2020.   We finally closed on Jan 14th. 

So there I was on 12/31 (closing date #2) hearing nothing so began converting any traditional IRA funds into Roths in the afternoon. Got that done at least, but the sale I planned for this year now has to be delayed again or 1031 exchanged. I am strategically selling 1 property a year so this screws me up for many years.

As a seller I won't accept a Rocket Mortgage buyer ever again. Glad to see agents are doing the same. 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied
Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan:
Originally posted by @Lacey Dillon:

Hi @Mary D. !

I suggest staying far far away. Their origination fees are scary. I have looked at so many Loan Estimates where they charge the borrower $8,000+ in closing cost! It makes no sense. They promote the lowest rate, but really they are charging the borrower in discount points. It is borderline unethical. Build a relationship with a local lender! Especially if you are going to keep buying. Good luck!

They may have super high fees, but at least they're slow.

I was the seller of a torpedo,  I mean rocket, mortgage buyer.  We went under contract in early October so I planned tax-wise for a sale in 2019, pushing another sale out to 2020.   We finally closed on Jan 14th. 

So there I was on 12/31 (closing date #2) hearing nothing so began converting any traditional IRA funds into Roths in the afternoon. Got that done at least, but the sale I planned for this year now has to be delayed again or 1031 exchanged. I am strategically selling 1 property a year so this screws me up for many years.

As a seller I won't accept a Rocket Mortgage buyer ever again. Glad to see agents are doing the same. 

I wont for sure accept them on my new construction sales.. I did one a few years back and it was a nightmare what their underwriters put everyone through.. I would rather do VA any day.. plus we are supporting our Veterans.