Will I have trouble financing a construction of a rooming house?

Will I have trouble financing a construction of a rooming house?

Investor · Ashland, OR · Member since 2018 · 202 posts · 38 votes

I am going to get a regular FHA construction loan, but the house I want to design and build will be a rooming house, possibly 9-14 bedrooms and 4-5 bathrooms. It will be no more than 3000 square feet. Will I run into trouble with fha and lenders if this is the type of house I want to build-- one that has a lot of bedrooms? Should I just make up something, like, tell the lenders that I want to have lots of kids? The county has no limit on unrelated persons occupancy. How will the appraiser appraise the house if it has a lot of bedrooms crammed into it?

0Reply
7 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.