• Investor
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
Real Estate = "Get Rich Slow" Business

Bryan Hancock#4 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Round Rock, TX
Posted Apr 17 2012, 21:42

I was reading a book from a popular commercial real estate investor this evening and he made the bold claim that real estate is a "get rich slow" business. One of the most successful investors I know in Austin uses this exact same phrase quite a bit.

Overall is this something you agree with? I think the overall point is that rehab or value-add deals are good for short-term gains, but that the real money is made over the long haul owning property.

Agree? Disagree? Opinions?

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Hancock#4 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Round Rock, TX
Replied Aug 18 2014, 18:41

Glad you found it helpful Jon.  It is interesting to see my comments from 2 years ago and how my perspective has changed with the recent spate of short-term development projects.  

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Aug 18 2014, 18:48
Originally posted by @Bryan Hancock:

I was reading a book from a popular commercial real estate investor this evening and he made the bold claim that real estate is a "get rich slow" business. One of the most successful investors I know in Austin uses this exact same phrase quite a bit.

Overall is this something you agree with? I think the overall point is that rehab or value-add deals are good for short-term gains, but that the real money is made over the long haul owning property.

Agree? Disagree? Opinions?

I've said this for years. You're definitely right, real estate is a get rich slow scheme for sure!

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.